IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
4/11/12, 3:01 PM   #41
Re: No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
Racer12

We don't need USAC! Many of us have been saying it for years, once again it is their loss. The people on 16th St. have been out of touch with reality for many years and still are. Support all things local that you can weather it is racing, beer, food whatever! That money you spend gets put right back into your local economy.

Bob Shutt

7 members like this post: cwfan08, monkeyboy, opie, RICHCRAFT.SPL, spicoli, SprintManDave, SteveD
4/11/12, 5:21 PM   #42
Vertigo

Well I remember when USAC turned their back on DO after all he'd done for racing here in Indiana, but Dean Mills turned out to be a pretty decent chap and even brought along Sean to Indiana. In all these cases I'm sure ********, over-promises and backroom deals played a part and it's just unfortunate as the sport needs all the media exposure it can get.

1 member likes this post: Speedsme61x
4/11/12, 9:17 PM   #43
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer12 View Post
We don't need USAC! Many of us have been saying it for years, once again it is their loss. The people on 16th St. have been out of touch with reality for many years and still are.

Bob Shutt
Ding! Ding! Ding!

I would love to know why USAC thinks they even belong in Indianapolis anymore. Kevin Miller and his PR/marketing team are apathetic, ignorant or incompetent. I loved the days of the Unsers, McCluskey, Foyt, Parnelli, Rutherford, Hurtubise, Andretti, the Bettenhausens, Dickson, Bigelow, Ziggy, etc. The problem with that is that I'm 28.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: opie, SteveD
4/12/12, 2:41 AM   #44
wideopen24

So why doesnt USAC take "Their" product and sell it to a television provider like all other "National" sports organizations seem to have little problem doing?

Sean- I dont know your reasoning behind only covering "The local Scene" this season but I appreciate it. USAC doesn't seem to remember that Dave Darland, Jon Stanbough, and even Chris Windom wont be their forever...Its young racers that are at Gas City, Bloomington, Kokomo, Waynesfield, Ect... That are working there way up, building their talent and could be their "USAC" next stars that need this kind of professional coverage. Thank you for giving us a place to send potential sponsors and fans. That we can be proud of and to see what sprintcar racing it all about!

Landon Simon

4/13/12, 5:07 PM   #45
jfry1

Wouldn't this be like a professinal sport telling ESPN to not highlight their events? What's wrong with USAC? I'd like to see their business model.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12