IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
4/9/12, 8:22 PM   #21
Re: No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
Speedracer

So who is going to shoot the USAC races this year?

4/9/12, 8:31 PM   #22
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer View Post
So who is going to shoot the USAC races this year?
At Ocala it was 3widelife $$

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/9/12, 8:36 PM   #23
EKracing

If you look at the USAC Sprint Schedule the past few years you will notice more races away from Indiana. USAC has become a touring series that charges way too much for admission, and now charge 10 bucks just to watch a race online. The good thing about local Indiana sprint car racing is that its still 12 to 15 bucks at the gate. There are over a hundred loyal Indiana car owners that bring some of the best top notch pieces of machinery for really talented drivers that love to gas it up at tracks like Kokomo, Gas City, Bloomington, Putnamville, or even Paragon. Just because a show is sanctioned by USAC does not make it a better race. Some of the best racing I have seen over the years have been during a local show on any given Friday Saturday and Sunday. It's Indiana's gain and USAC's loss to have a guy like Sean Buckley stay home and cover our local shows. I will continue to support jackslash.com. I'm more excited about this opportunity to see more coverage from the Indiana tracks I really care about rather than some one off USAC show in Iowa, Missouri or Kansas.

4/9/12, 8:51 PM   #24
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I don't know about anyone else. But i have seen some of the best races of my life at tracks on local nights...yes you only get 20-30 cars at each track but there the best local racers at those tracks!

Tell me this! What would bloomington be without Brady Short, Jeff bland, jon sisco, babcock or holtclaw...

Or gascity Without billy puterbaugh,shane cottle, justin grant..

or the burg without chad B, or memmer...

These are all local guys who go to these usac events and compete for the win!

id rather go to a local track with 20 cars on a tacky track then going to a usac race with 40 cars and black slick track..

Great move Sean! ill be buying a membership now!.....

4/9/12, 9:26 PM   #25
racephoto1

I think Saturday at Putnamville proved how vibrant the local sprint car scene is. Plus the guys you see at a USAC show ran up front,Stanbrough,Darland, and Gulick, to name a few. I hope things work out for Sean, but USAC is all about the bottom line anymore, and Sean isn't part of the equation.

Here's Sean doing his job Saturday night.

IMG_5235 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

Keep at it .

4/9/12, 9:32 PM   #26
racefan20

I think what you will find here is that USAC has become more restrictive with its product. It is a part of a bigger trend in the industry to view online product as a revenue source. In the late 80's when the internet became more widely available, taking over from subscription services such as AOL and CompuServe(which BTW had a great racing board) everything was free. Soon ads began to appear and the internet began to be seen as a source of revenue. Lately the revenue from ad's didnt fufill the expectations nor in some cases cover the cost of the content. Websites like Jackslash appeared to fill the niche of a narrow interest group on a subscription basis(lets face it he doesnt have the $$ to travel to all these races and keep up the website for nothing). Lately those who think they have a premium product (USAC) have followed the latest trend which is a PPV basis(3widelife) for seeing events thus extracting more $ from your wallet. Racing isnt the only place this is occuring. Soon you will be able to see pretty much any event you want, live for a fee. Concerts, races, stick and ball sports of all kinds will be available before you know it. If you will notice Perris wont allow you to buy a PPV if you are connecting from an IP address within 100 miles of the track to protect their gate. Pretty smart move on their part. I know this is running long but I am trying to show you that this is the result of a much larger trend and even though I dont like it I cant really blame USAC because they are just tring to make more $ like you and I. After all someone has to pay the all those officials they bring to each race dont they?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5 members like this post: captrat, DirtyD, duel, fish, Seadog
4/9/12, 9:35 PM   #27
cshuman

The thing that makes racing in Indiana great is not any particular sanctioning body.. It's the owners, drivers, and fans... Saturday was a prime example, 40+ cars, half of them more then capable of winning... The real issue is there is a great product, that is paying to be the entertainment, that is just not right. Jackslah does a great job, a job that a lot of companies would charge big dollars to do, but He's doing it because he loves the sport and hopes to make enough money to pay the rent and utilities for the month, just like the racers.. The fans need to support the owners, drivers, and people like Sean because without them, the sanctioning bodies would be nothing...

Posted via Mobile Device

4/9/12, 10:14 PM   #28
pasopeach

im proud to say that sean is my son and he is fightin the fight to bring us nonwing sprintcars at thier finest.elbows up Dean Buckley..

4/10/12, 12:02 AM   #29
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasopeach View Post
im proud to say that sean is my son and he is fightin the fight to bring us nonwing sprintcars at thier finest.elbows up Dean Buckley..
Dean, you should be very proud of your son. There are a lot of us who really appreciate him and all the fine things he is doing for sprintcar racing.

4/10/12, 12:27 AM   #30
jim goerge

When its time I will have no problem renewing with Sean cuz I see a lot of things I missed dureing the race. I love when he covers say Gas City and Kokomo cuz their 5 hours away so get to see great racing with sean telling me whats happening. When you see Sean at the track go up and say Hi and you;ll find out like I did what a great guy he really is. Oh yeah Sean I;ll buy the sandys pizza at Haubstadt first night

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12