IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
4/9/12, 5:31 PM   #11
Re: No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
so does this mean if you want to see usac you have to go to a race? Tell me this isn't true. I liked the casual fan sitting at home waiting for updates. Now even more people will complain about watching shows in person.

Posted via Mobile Device
This comment is a barometer as to why some tracks wind up locking their gates.

2 members like this post: SprintManDave
4/9/12, 5:33 PM   #12
Jerry Spencer

Sean we have no doubt you will just keep getting better as you are already headed to the top. I will also continue to support Jackslash as most people know you are a class act. First Mills now your talents being lost in one area of our sport but no doubt a huge win for the local race fans.

Thank you goes out to the local tracks that see what a difference having somebody like Sean covering there races can have.

Jerry Spencer

4/9/12, 5:44 PM   #13
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Dear USAC,

One of your best PR tools is walking down Georgetown with his thumb in the air. What gives?

I sure hope they can work this out. USAC is a awesome product, and I truly believe Sean can add a media spin that not many else can do.

Good luck too both,
Last edited by STIDA.com; 4/9/12 at 8:17 PM.

4/9/12, 6:01 PM   #14
RGraves

That sucks but it will by no means keep me from subscribing to Jackslash. I don't know Sean Buckley but I am a subscriber and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He seems very passionate about the sport and is doing more to promote wingless sprint car racing than everyone else combined and offers a great product.

For fans like myself that live 5+ hours from Indy, Jackslash.com is all I have to stay connected to wingless sprints. Central Indiana fans have no clue how fortunate they are to live in the heart of wingless country. Other than Sprint Week, I have to rely on 2-3 events a year at Haubstadt to get my fix.....

I am smart enough to read between the lines here. It is obvious that USAC doesn't want any part of his services, or they want them for free. I am sure NOT covering USAC is the last thing he wants to do. They(USAC) need to get their heads out of their rumps and figure out a plan for the two to work together. What other coverage does USAC have? Who is going to promote the drivers, owners, and their sponsors now? Keep up the good work Sean!

A big to Jackslash and a big to USAC on this one.....

5 members like this post: Gee2, gkaz, opie, sprintman01, SprintManDave
4/9/12, 6:02 PM   #15
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

I Personally think it's a good thing you will still see good racing and now the local racers get a chance to be seen, there are a lot of great drivers that most never seen or heard of and USAC guys do attend local shows just not all of of them!

Keep the races coming Sean USAC or Local it's Still Great Sprint Car Racing!

Danny 24

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, SprintManDave
4/9/12, 6:08 PM   #16
Joey Woods

Been seeing updates on FB since season opener and keep telling myself I need to sign up for that when I get home but I always forget. After reading this about USAC, I decided I would definately take the time to sign up today to at the very least show support for a guy that has done a ton for the sport. And I did.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, SprintManDave
4/9/12, 6:09 PM   #17
KSmith15

I'm sure that Sean was thinking of all subscribers and non subscribers alike when this decision was made.... Regardless I'm sure the decision was not one he wanted to make....Regardless eeveryone should take in consideration what Sean has done for all of us and support him fully with this decision instead of being upset with him! If your already a subscriber...knowing Sean your in for a heck of a season of footage! He never disappoints, so bear with it and enjoy!

Good Luck Sean, and Thank you for your continuing coverage!

3 members like this post: Dannypollock24, dirtnonwingfan, SprintManDave
4/9/12, 6:15 PM   #18
Tall Jackson

I understand those of you being upset that have purcahsed memberships, but there is more than USAC in Indiana. Alot more....

4/9/12, 7:55 PM   #19
BrentTFunk

I do not regret getting Jackslash even with this decision. Actually I think can be a real boost for local tracks. I also think this could be good for Jackslash. I enjoy getting up in the morning after a race and seeing Jackslah edited coverage with Sean's commentary. I never watch live feeds. I think live feeds have hurt attendence.

4/9/12, 8:15 PM   #20
mortboyz

I agree with Mr. Funk on this one. As a guy who grew up waiting for my results from my National Speed Sport News, I can wait til the next day to get my results nowadays. I have yet, and refuse, to watch a live race on the Intranet....
Best wishes to Buckley, he does a helluva job.

6 members like this post: agar, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, SprintManDave
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12