IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Twitter Question
9/21/11, 12:25 PM   #11
Re: Interesting Twitter Question
staggerman

The key thing is they must have 2-3 nights together to make it beneficial to the teams. No 1 race in NC or where ever that USAC is notorious for. I would love to see the USAC sprinters back in WI, Wilmot, Beaver Dam (1/3 mile), Plymouth and 141 all would put on great shows for the nonwingers.

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
9/21/11, 12:34 PM   #12
SDHill89

I'd like to see USAC go to I-55 raceway in Pevely, MO and Tri-City speedway on a weekend.

9/21/11, 12:36 PM   #13
frenchfry

Remember this is supposed to be a NATIONAL touring series. As it is now, it seems as if 95% of their races are contested in or around the state of Indiana. Seems to be more of a regional touring series.

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
9/21/11, 12:55 PM   #14
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
Remember this is supposed to be a NATIONAL touring series. As it is now, it seems as if 95% of their races are contested in or around the state of Indiana. Seems to be more of a regional touring series.
frydaddy, Maybe you "NATIONALIST" need to speak up..........Here is your chance to be heard......

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/21/11, 12:59 PM   #15
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

My rule is that I don't travel for less than 3 shows. So, I'm in favor of more 3-show weekends, wherever they can book them. And, I'd like to see even more shows in the East.

2 members like this post: davidm, Jimmydiesel
9/21/11, 1:22 PM   #16
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I too would like to see an IL "Sprint Week" of some sort (3-5 races). I don't mind traveling, but to go several hours away there needs to be several races to hit on the trip. Some sort of OH and/or MI swing/weekend would be good to. Pretty much any "trip" needs to have 3-5 races IMO.

On the midget side, I'd like to see a 3-5 race swing through WI where POWERi and Badger teams would want to attend. That would take some work and some changes it seems. Hate to see another 16 car field.

USAC can't be a National series that crisscrosses the US all season unless they pay more in purse and pay tow money. Not saying they should or shouldn't, just saying that's a fact. You can't expect teams to do a ton of traveling in this economy without some help. That's why people are throwing out ideas mostly around IN.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 9/21/11 at 1:26 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/21/11, 1:50 PM   #17
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
I too would like to see an IL "Sprint Week" of some sort (3-5 races). I don't mind traveling, but to go several hours away there needs to be several races to hit on the trip. Some sort of OH and/or MI swing/weekend would be good to. Pretty much any "trip" needs to have 3-5 races IMO.

On the midget side, I'd like to see a 3-5 race swing through WI where POWERi and Badger teams would want to attend. That would take some work and some changes it seems. Hate to see another 16 car field.

USAC can't be a National series that crisscrosses the US all season unless they pay more in purse and pay tow money. Not saying they should or shouldn't, just saying that's a fact. You can't expect teams to do a ton of traveling in this economy without some help. That's why people are throwing out ideas mostly around IN.
Kevin,

Great points. Just to add to this, most states do not run non wing sprints. With that being said, what kind of fields would USAC bring to the speedway if the "national" schedule would be run? Most states wouldn't have a lot of locals to help fill the field. That is why the majority of USAC National Sprint Car dates are in and around Indiana.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, openwheelKT, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/21/11, 1:56 PM   #18
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Bring back the buckeye deal they had several years back. In Ohio. Attica. Freemont. Lima. Eldora. I think those were the tracks. I was only 9. So I don't remember much. But Lima was one of the best tracks I've ever seen..
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, wideopen24
9/21/11, 2:06 PM   #19
Jrp4554

Spread the schedule out and stop taking a month off at a time. When sprint week ended there was almost an entire month off. This racing on Monday and Tuesday nights several states away is difficult for people with jobs. I think its easier for most people to take one day off a week or even duck out early on a Friday as opposed to having to burn an entire week's worth of vacation.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Need For Speed, sw1911
9/21/11, 2:07 PM   #20
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

Definitely need some more Ohio tracks limaland Friday and and waynesfield Saturday would be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Need For Speed, sc17x, wideopen24
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Twitter Question