IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln park speedway!!!???
5/1/11, 6:33 PM   #1
Lincoln park speedway!!!???
drew6869

You call that a race track? Can not believe you screwed that track up so bad. Used to at least be smooth enough to drive around. Thats not a race track, more like off road racing surface. Raced 2 times there and broke 4 shocks all from the piece of **** track. Never coming back. Paragon is my new home track.

5/1/11, 6:46 PM   #2
Re: Lincoln park speedway!!!???
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

You also have to remember how much rain they have had. Anyone can tell you that track ruts up when it has alot of water on it. Both races so far there they have had to deal with a lot of rain the day or weeks before hand. Spiker will get the track worked out and smooth again just like last year. You can't do much when mother nature wont let you.

1 member likes this post: terrehautian
5/1/11, 7:03 PM   #3
cope42

cant say that i blame ya but i do want to say thanks to everybody that did take there cars and race on it and provide me with saturday night entertainment thanks again

3 members like this post: mowerman, racefan20, SHORTBUS
5/1/11, 7:59 PM   #4
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Looks like someone left their class at the front door when they came in

3 members like this post: Dannypollock24, racerfanx2
5/1/11, 8:00 PM   #5
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew6869 View Post
You call that a race track? Can not believe you screwed that track up so bad. Used to at least be smooth enough to drive around. Thats not a race track, more like off road racing surface. Raced 2 times there and broke 4 shocks all from the piece of **** track. Never coming back. Paragon is my new home track.
another nameless person really good 1st post,all the rain we have had plus 350 new loads of clay yeah its gonna chunk up atleast he tried to smooth it out see ya in line next week, oh wait big boys are next week

5/1/11, 8:10 PM   #6
Motormasher

We had the same amount of rain down here at Haubstadt and it wasn't like that. Get off the racers A$$ for tearing up equipment at a track that don't give a sh!- about the racer and can't afford a $5g tractor to work the track.

1 member likes this post: GregD
5/1/11, 8:19 PM   #7
illiNOISE

Hopefuly they can get the track surface problems ironed out, because they get most everything else right over there. I love that place, from the hill and the amphitheater seating, to the big, wide, sweeping turns 3 and 4 that can be so conducive so slide jobs. I also like that they don't run a ton of support classes, or time trial. They even have a good setup with the concessions. I just wish the track was a little closer to home.

5/1/11, 8:38 PM   #8
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
You also have to remember how much rain they have had. Anyone can tell you that track ruts up when it has alot of water on it. Both races so far there they have had to deal with a lot of rain the day or weeks before hand. Spiker will get the track worked out and smooth again just like last year. You can't do much when mother nature wont let you.
Yes this is true, But the sprints were on the track when I pulled in and It was a dust bowl out there and the track was really smooth. Then out came the water truck, I will be honest I didn't see the truck out there or how much they put down, I was busy unloading, by the time I got unloaded the track was a mess and the track ended up as bad if not worse than the first race!
I don't blame the track workers one bit they just do what their told it's Spiker's show so that's the only one to be disappointed with!

This is coming from one of the most loyal LPS guys out here as a Driver and a fan too! I still came out and raced when everybody was on the LPS boycott back when the track was expected to be crap to run on but Spiker took over and made it better. This year has been a horrible start I just hope Spiker can get things together before racers and fans pull out of LPS again!!! So before fans and drivers I have talked to leave please give LPS some more time and wait till better weather is here and see how it goes then!

Danny

2 members like this post: cope42, Motormasher
5/1/11, 9:06 PM   #9
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Isnt anyone on the racers about tearing **** motormouth paid his inernet bill he is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
We had the same amount of rain down here at Haubstadt and it wasn't like that. Get off the racers A$$ for tearing up equipment at a track that don't give a sh!- about the racer and can't afford a $5g tractor to work the track.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/1/11, 9:23 PM   #10
dirttrackfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
We had the same amount of rain down here at Haubstadt and it wasn't like that. Get off the racers A$$ for tearing up equipment at a track that don't give a
sh!- about the racer and can't afford a $5g tractor to work the track.
Since you know what the track needs, give Spiker a call, I'm sure he will let you donate your tractor and time to fix the problem Mr.Knowitall
Posted using Mobile Device

7 members like this post: agar, cope42, Dannypollock24, Pat O'Connor Fan, SHORTBUS, TCreech31
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln park speedway!!!???