IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sun prairie updates?
9/5/10, 12:08 PM   #31
ThePurple73

Good video - you captured it all.
If I had a driver act like that he would be looking for a ride today.
The officials should have handled it.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/5/10, 12:16 PM   #32
Re: sun prairie updates?
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeehockey View Post
I posted a YouTube video of the wild finish taken with my Kodak digital camera. Not the greatest quality, but you'll get an idea of what happened between Kuhn and Hagen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByOFl5cxgGw
Thank you very much for that footage, glad i got to see it. Sorry guys but i have to say this.....what a joke it was to even re-start that race with Kuhn still on the track. Was it a promotional ploy for next year? Not much racing at the Prairie this year, low car count, Badger having a race at Beaver Dam, looks like it was an attempt to spice it up for the fans. To bad part of Hine's victory lane interview was not payed full attention to with what was going on at the same time.

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
9/5/10, 1:16 PM   #33
milwaukeehockey

Up until the finish, I was regretting my decision to make the two-hour drive to watch 15 cars race. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I paid more than $1 per car at a short track - adults paid $20 at the gate. Heck, I paid less per car at Chicagoland's IndyCar and Indy Lights races last weekend.

However, despite the ticket price, I have full respect for the Wilkes' for trying to make things work out. With the weather, a nearby Badger midget race, and a Wisconsin Badgers football game on TV, I'm sure they struggled to break even.

It would have been nice to have a support series to fill the long gaps between races, but that would have cost the track money. Thumbs up to the PA guy (Jim Tretow?) for keeping busy to fill all the downtime during the three hour program (qualifying, two heats, and the feature).

If Badger and Angell Park can't shake hands by next season, I'll be spending my Labor Day weekend at Indy's NHRA races instead.

9/5/10, 1:46 PM   #34
DonMoore10

What a totally embarrassing display of unprofessional conduct. And three hours to qualify and conduct a three event program?

On another note, the 15 cars that were at this show are a clear indication of not the riff between Badger and USAC or Angell Park, but a long trail of really, really bad decisions, greed, manufacturer and tire deals, ******** and a host of other complicated reasons why this sport needs to be totally domolished and a clean sheet of paper brought out with a new blueprint. I have been preaching about this for several years now and the ship keeps sinking little by little and the people in command don''t have a clue.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 9/5/10 at 1:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
9/5/10, 2:07 PM   #35
mortboyz

Sure would have been nice to see the Don Moore 10 in attendace last night....

Seriously....and no, I'm not stalking you either.

1 member likes this post: dirtball
9/5/10, 3:08 PM   #36
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Was it a promotional ploy for next year? Not much racing at the Prairie this year, low car count, Badger having a race at Beaver Dam, looks like it was an attempt to spice it up for the fans.
What a stupid thing to say. It was a situation between two drivers that just spiraled out of control. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unprofessional? Yes. Staged? Give me a break.
Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: dirtball, Prairie Dog
9/5/10, 4:24 PM   #37
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
What a stupid thing to say. It was a situation between two drivers that just spiraled out of control. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unprofessional? Yes. Staged? Give me a break.
Jerry
Stupid thing to say? Wow Jerry, i wouldn't expect that from you? I didn't use the word staged, just wondering why the 17 car stayed on the track? If Hines would have gotten held up and Coon's would have won the race you would have seen a lot more crazy stuff happen than you did see.

9/5/10, 4:25 PM   #38
Danny Burton

Jerry, he said "looks like". He didn't assert it to be the case.

Next top: Haubstadt, IN.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/5/10, 5:11 PM   #39
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Stupid thing to say? Wow Jerry, i wouldn't expect that from you? I didn't use the word staged, just wondering why the 17 car stayed on the track? If Hines would have gotten held up and Coon's would have won the race you would have seen a lot more crazy stuff happen than you did see.
This is the marquee midget event in your state, Tim. And you weren't there to support it. I don't think that there was a single thing positive about the way this ended. Your suggesting that the track that you happen to be boycotting right now somehow might have made the call that they did, to drum up some publicity, is not helping matters, in a situation between that track and BMARA that could end up killing the racing scene in that state. I'm worried that I might not be able to go back up there next year to see this event.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: Bill Blumer, dirtball, Prairie Dog
9/5/10, 7:21 PM   #40
speed9

Nice video but it did not show the two slide jobs that Haden throwed and missed but it did show the one he threw feeding Kuhn a right rear. Haden did a 360 when Kuhn and Haden hit and kept running then decided to turn his car off to cause a yellow. That is when Haden passed cars under yellow and hit Kuhn several times.
No one was black flaged for the the missed slide jobs by Haden or the contact when Haden spun after Kuhn had contact with him, only after Haden hit Kuhn several times under the yellow were they black flaged seems fishey to me they waited so long to DQ them.
When was the last time any one was DQ for rough driving in a race in USAC, Badger or at Angel Park?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sun prairie updates?