IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sun prairie updates?
9/4/10, 10:07 PM   #21
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

red flag for david burdess flip goin into 3
kuhn leads but hagen & clauson are coming.
at 28 laps
Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: buck2, Jimmydiesel, Pat O'Connor Fan, skids59, speed9
9/4/10, 10:19 PM   #22
Re: sun prairie updates?
speed9

Thanks for the updates great job from all who post them!:2:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Heard that Tracey got the win after Haden and Kuhn were DQ. Kuhn lead ever lap.

9/4/10, 11:02 PM   #23
kylecumminsfan

where did BC finish??

9/4/10, 11:11 PM   #24
speed9

Heard BC broke and was not running at the end :2:

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

USAC has results on there site. :2:

9/4/10, 11:29 PM   #25
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I can not believe this. Everyone who particpated in the Angell Park/Badger ego battle should be ashamed of themselves. If someone does not wake up this winter, midget racing in Wisconsin will be gone forever.
This is why i didn't attend any races at Angell Park this year. I mean come on, you could kind of see that the car counts for the USAC shows were going to be down.

This might not be an ego battle between Angell Park and Badger. I have read a lot of posts that say the two sides need to get back together next year so things are like they use to be, maybe that will happen and maybe it won't. My opinion is that Badger is looking for new things and they are trying to branch out and are not in any big hurry to return to the same ole' Sunday night routine.

9/4/10, 11:48 PM   #26
Jerry Shaw

Unbelievable! It was Kuhn, Clauson, Hagen until BC hit a rough spot in turn two, causing the car to jump in an unorthodox way. They pushed it to the pit entrance and unpacked the RR pushed him back out and he got underway. He passed a few cars, but a few laps after the restart it was obvious there was still something wrong with the car, as he began to slow, eventually bringing out another yellow. This set up another restart with Kuhn and Hagen in the first two spots. They raced each other aggressively for quite a few laps, with Hagen mainly being the one on the offense. After got the lead away from Kuhn (roughing him up a bit in the process), Brad put the bumper to him and turned Darren in turn two. This obviously didn't set well with Hagen, as he went right after the 17b car, just as soon as they got him pushed off, while they were still under yellow, running into him several times. They then announced that both had been black flagged. Hagen left the track, but Kuhn remained out there after being repeatedly flagged. Even remaining out from the time the green flag was given to Tracy Hines and Jerry Coons, all the way until the time the checker was thrown. From the time the black flags were given until the victory lane interviews were done, was a serious trip to the Twilight Zone. And a Twilight Zone episode with a dramatic finish though, as JCJ made a serious run at Tracy going down to the checker. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like what I saw tonight. And I may not for quite a while.

I always have a good time at Angell Park. Tonight was no exception. Got to talk racing with Kirk, Fred, Brent and Aesha, which is always good. Low car count, but the feature got progressively better, up until the time Clauson hit the cushion, while gaining on the leader. That turned into "Wow! I don't believe what I just saw" (to quote Jack Buck) from that point on. I hope they get their squabbles settled behind the cheese curtain, because those fans and the sport deserve better and the sport needs to have a fully functioning BMARA to be whole.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/5/10 at 1:56 AM.

6 members like this post: badgerfan, buck2, dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan, skids59, Tief
9/5/10, 12:56 AM   #27
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Great to see you also Jerry. I would agree 100% I'm not sure if I ever have seen anything like that b4!
Last edited by Fred Zirzow; 9/5/10 at 1:00 AM.

9/5/10, 8:39 AM   #28
Tief

If you'll allow a newcomer to chime in here... (I'm a refugee from TrackForum. Liking it here better.)

I was at the race and I agree it was surreal. I've seen over 100 races at Sun Prairie dating back to the 70's so I can't say it's like nothing I've ever seen Kuhn clearly spun Hagen in T2 starting this whole mess, but from there it was a comedy of poor judgment.

Hagen obviously shouldn't be running his car up to the front of the line and ramming Kuhn under a yellow. Hagen bad. Then after both cars were black flagged, Kuhn refused to honor the flag. Kuhn bad. But most bizarre to me was that USAC restarted the race with Kuhn still on the track; out in front of the field no less! USAC way bad. I would have red flagged the race and towed Kuhn off.

Kuhn was about 10-15 car lengths ahead of the field at the restart. I give Tracy Hines (2nd car in line) credit for acknowledging what was going on and backing off under yellow. Kuhn stayed far out in front until the last turn when it appeared to me that he started to back off and very nearly affected the outcome of the race. Hines and Coons were in a close battle on the last lap and from where I was sitting it appeared that Kuhn may have made JCJ alter his line and perhaps cost him a chance at a pass. (Does anyone know if Coons said anything about this after the race?)

After the race Brad Kuhn parked his car crossways across the pit entrance, got out and started waving his arms to the crowd like everyone was supposed to stand up and cheer for him. He got heartily booed. Very childish.

Badger Midget had a show at Beaver Dam Raceway last night too - all of 20 miles away. Badger, Angel Park and USAC have got to all get their dung together. It's a shame that so few cars were at this race. Very nice crowd though.

(I'll keep future posts much shorter. Just had a lot to say to get goin'.)

3 members like this post: buck2, dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/5/10, 9:10 AM   #29
Tim Watson

Well it sounds like all the "controversy" would have been a great thing to see. How could the race even be re-started with Kuhn on the track?

9/5/10, 11:20 AM   #30
milwaukeehockey

I posted a YouTube video of the wild finish taken with my Kodak digital camera. Not the greatest quality, but you'll get an idea of what happened between Kuhn and Hagen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByOFl5cxgGw

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sun prairie updates?