IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Letter from Kevin Miller
7/11/14, 10:23 AM   #41
Re: Letter from Kevin Miller
Vukie

STARS had 11 cars at Grundy County on July 5th, only 10 cars started the feature. Where's the support for STARS?

1 member likes this post: Kellen Conover
7/11/14, 10:27 AM   #42
Indy

My, my, my! Mr. Miller sure knows how to start a thread! I'm finding car counts are down at most venues. From stock cars to open wheel. An ARCA TV race at Winchester drew only 21 cars. Wake up people. Costs plus the economy make it tough. Controling costs is the medicine that my start the healing.

3 members like this post: Kellen Conover, Phylo82, Vukie
7/11/14, 11:24 AM   #43
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
When you've got 11 cars that show up IN Indianapolis, 13 at DuQuoin last September... I think you are calling anybody and everybody
... And say what? We like the paint job on your car, we wish you'd come race?
Silver Crown is a complteley different animal, so I'll leave that to the "experts".

After calling and saying, "aww shucks, we'd really like your support at out next race", what the hell else is there to talk about? That alone is not going to get anyone car out of the garage. It isn't the purse, because USAC pays the best (don't even try briniging up raising the purse, not going to happen). They can't say that the 2 (if that?) "Super Teams" aren't going to be there.... Since time began ther have always been some sort of "Super Team" (Can you say Sherman Armstrong).

Bottom line, if they could afford to race, they would be there. In this economy, a lot of people can't justify spending the $ it takes to go racing for the weekend, like they used too.... This is a problem for USAC, NHRA, NASCAR, Indy Car, and local tracks all over the country.
OR, if they were that upset with USAC over other things (not phone calls), and they had the $, they would either race with STARS, IRS, or start their own pavement organization.

Now before you say if they would just call these competitors, and listen to their individulal (and I mean Individual and their personal agendas, and a whole other subject) problems, changes could be made for the future. Maybe. But the point of my response was about someone needing a phone call just to come race.

To take this a step further, I've witnessed first hand these actual phone calls. Owner either wants $, or to tell you their life story. Then, they say yea, "we'll be there", and they don't show up. This is fact, not conjecture..... And that was Silver Crown.

7/11/14, 7:41 PM   #44
Pat O'Connor Fan

Crankin, aka Craig Dori, knows whereof he speaks. You folks who read Crankin's post above just got the real story.

1 member likes this post: Vukie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Letter from Kevin Miller