IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Results from 9/8
9/10/12, 12:19 PM   #11
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Dustin, I completely understand that. I guess my problem is what happen to the mentality that I'M GOING TO BEAT THE BEST.
Yeah, went to the world 100 for late models and I can assure you late model guys still have that mantality. Lot of cars that went knowing it was going to take a miracle, but went anyway.
I think promoters just need to focus on ways to get the little guy to the big shows.
Integra shocks gave a $3,000 shock package away to a random team that came in on an open trailer to the world 100. They also had a lot of other ways the little guy could earn a couple bucks.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/10/12, 12:25 PM   #12
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Results from 9/8
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s View Post
I think promoters just need to focus on ways to get the little guy to the big shows.
Kind of like the KFC Chicken Little commercial... We got some little news, You want to be little shot. Do you want the little office. Well then put your little boy pants on and step it up. Little is the new big.

No thanks.

9/10/12, 1:38 PM   #13
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Next year?
The sprint car payout was basically a regular show payout for feature #1, lower than a regular show for features #2 & 3... and we saw the largest car count (55) at any Indiana sprint car track. Obviously the sprint car count was aided by no other track racing sprint cars.

More sprint cars than any night of the Kokomo Smackdown.
That was my first thought when I saw the car count too, Bill. I’ll never question when/where a team runs, I don’t pay the bills. However, sometimes I don’t understand what goes into the decision of when to run.

The Smackdown was a perfect example. The “lower buck” team doesn’t have a huge shot to win it, I get that. However, there was something to shoot for by making the feature that paid 1K to start (with bonus potential too). A lot of “big money” shows only pay big money near the top and it drops off big from there. I understand why the “lower buck” teams stay away from those events. I thought the Smackdown played to the “big” and “small” team so I thought the car count would be a little higher. Again, I don’t pay the bills….and not a *****...just don’t understand why car counts are what they are sometimes.

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, mowerman, Mud Packer
9/10/12, 1:43 PM   #14
Danny Burton

What KT says and that commercial ruined my appetite, Bill.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/10/12, 2:36 PM   #15
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Danny, I'm sure the sandwich tastes good. It's the words I don't like.

9/10/12, 3:20 PM   #16
Rogue-9

Kokomo usually gets lower car counts though for some reason. I think its hard on equipment.

9/10/12, 4:17 PM   #17
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Dustin, I completely understand that. I guess my problem is what happen to the mentality that I'M GOING TO BEAT THE BEST.
I was always told if you want to beat the best, you have to race with the best. That only makes you better.

2 members like this post: 2HWrench, Milly
9/10/12, 7:06 PM   #18
19racer

Racing in general is expensive. I spoke to few sprint car, late model, mods and street stock guys. As far as late models and sprints for best money can buy late models are pushing close to 900 hp and sprint 800-850 with total cost of everything brand new 80,000 plus. Mods looking at 40-60,000 and street stock guys running for 200-300 to win have 20 grand in a car. Rules are out of control if you ask them and cost is through the roof. Some say ump killed most of the classes.
Far as Kokomo goes it fast 3-4 wide racing racing and ask any winner that has won there they don't come easy. Heard one driver say Kokomo is best track that they run on and you better come with your A game or your gonna get beat. It's always elbows up for every class.
I didn't go to Lps sat but I've been there this year. My only thing is I don't like taking forever to remove cars. Get wreckers there get it hooked let's go. One thing I try do is get the messes done quick as for a fan they hate watching parade laps. I know thing happen where it takes longer but gotta either get more help or light fire under the people that work at any track.
Jmo I wouldn't have qualified mods 2 laps. One only. I would've just did draw if was me. I personally don't like single car qualifying. They had a good count of cars but can't run til 5 am next day. Drivers fans remember that for the next year. As season ends for some continue for others be safe and have fun

Posted via Mobile Device

9/11/12, 12:27 AM   #19
Flatrightrear

How about a feature for the next 20 cars or so that don't make the big A-Main? Pay a decent purse --I guess a Paragon type payout would work or something along those lines - and maybe a lot more guys would run as they feel they have a better chance of running more laps and make a few more bucks. I'm strictly speaking of a way to increase car count. Maybe not economically feasible. Fans would need to pay a premium to see two features--I would-- and more cars equals more dollars at the pit gate. Just a thought. Oh, run the Big A-Main first and then the smaller one second for those fans that need to get on the road.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

You could advertise it as two A-Mains, Big A and Little A and call the show "A-Main Madness." Hey, I like it.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Think of the pictures you could use to advertise Big A and Little A. HA HA

1 member likes this post: fish
9/11/12, 12:45 AM   #20
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor31 View Post
Could do it next year on memorial weekend and make it part of the Jerry Lewis telethon its a 24hr deal. Lol jk had fun no complaints here. We all knew there was going to be alot of cars and expected a late night

Posted via Mobile Device
Naa Jerry got kicked out and it was just 3 hrs this year I think.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Results from 9/8