IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint & Midget Week Ideas & Schedules
6/24/10, 1:25 AM   #11
Re: Sprint & Midget Week Ideas & Schedules
Duane Hancock

I say, it ain't broke, dont fix it!!!!! Its perfect just the way it is now, 5 nights in a row and 5 good tracks. I hope/wish it isnt when Ohio Speedweek starts again next year like this year it did. I like hitting all of Midget week and most of Ohio Speedweek and this year had to miss some of both due to the schedule at same time.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Idea tho, buy an insurance policy like the Allstars did a few years back that paid $50,000 bonus if you won 5 or the 7 shows then.

Do that for midget week, it was only like $800 for the policy .... but make it include the support class of the sprints too...

Win 8 of the 10, $100,000 bonus
7 of the 10, $75,000 bonus
6 of the 10, $50,000 bonus

I bet you could find a sponsor to suport the cost of the policy and make midget week get WAY more wild and interesting.....
Last edited by Duane Hancock; 6/24/10 at 1:30 AM.

6/24/10, 10:28 AM   #12
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Hancock View Post
I say, it ain't broke, dont fix it!!!!! Its perfect just the way it is now, 5 nights in a row and 5 good tracks.
I agree! I've attended midget week races the past two years and can't say I've got one grip with the schedule. Until the economy and budget picks up I'd not push the teams or the fans past five nights of racing.
Last edited by davidm; 6/24/10 at 10:29 AM.

1 member likes this post: buck2
6/24/10, 12:54 PM   #13
Sandy Lowe

For purely selfish reasons my only suggestion for Sprint Week would be to move Lawrenceburg's race back to Saturday.

6/24/10, 2:39 PM   #14
wolfpack58

I thought this years midget week was great as is.My only suggestion would be to move the start times back 1 hour to help preserve the track surfaces.All of these shows can be completed in a timely fashion.:99:::99::

6/24/10, 5:12 PM   #15
ShaneMugavin57

I know it's tin tops but the U.M.P. Summer Nationals (The Hell Tour) is going on right now and it's 29 Races in 32 days. For the Late Models.

6/25/10, 6:33 AM   #16
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMugavin57 View Post
I know it's tin tops but the U.M.P. Summer Nationals (The Hell Tour) is going on right now and it's 29 Races in 32 days. For the Late Models.
Yeah actually I am going to the final race of the hell tour at Oakshade Raceway on the 17th of July, will be visiting my father and sister and this track is only 30 mins away from them, So we are all going. Would rather be at the last race for Sprint week, but that was the only weekend that we could all get together. So I will have to settle for one of the best races of the Tour.

6/25/10, 6:46 AM   #17
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack58 View Post
I thought this years midget week was great as is.My only suggestion would be to move the start times back 1 hour to help preserve the track surfaces.All of these shows can be completed in a timely fashion.:99:::99::
I agree with pushing back the start time for a better track surface, but only if they get more push trucks/wreckers and lose the stockcar classes.

2 members like this post: buck2, SUPERDUKE
6/26/10, 12:03 PM   #18
TNRustler

I know for those of us that have to come in from out of state to see Sprint Week, having a schedule that more resembles Ohio or Pa Speedweek would be much, much better. Requires less vacation time and expense.

I would love to see North Vernon put back on the schedule. I've seen some great USAC races there. Brownstown would be another nice addition.

I do like what USAC has done as far as scheduling with starting on one side of the state and working to the other instead of criss-crossing the state a couple times.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint & Midget Week Ideas & Schedules