IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe Spiker the MVP of ISW?
7/14/16, 11:34 AM   #1
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

First the dual bus trip to the Burg, then surprising everyone by PAYING FOR EVERYONE to get in
Then the contributions to the RMAC softball games.
Free food and drinks before the races today for everyone
Then busting his ass to get the show in after basically being flooded last night.

He's my choice for MVP this week so far.

7/15/16, 4:00 AM   #2
streetglider

Joe I would like to thank you for the contributions that you have made to the racing community. Not just at your track, but to to the fans & racers of other Indiana tracks.
Also I would be remiss if I didn't compliment you on the appearance of the LPS facility. That includes the fresh cut lawn,gravel, flower pots & new bath rooms. Let me not forget the kind & helpful staff. For all your blood sweat & tears I have to tip my cap to you.

7/16/16, 1:45 AM   #3
berks co

Great to see such a enthusiastic, very involved dedicated promoter.
Many tracks should understand how this hospitality to fans will reap many returns.

5 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jwl, mowerman, pushinthecushin, ryan84
7/16/16, 7:52 AM   #4
Re: Joe Spiker the MVP of ISW?
Stephen Cording

I did not ride on the 'Burg bus or have my entry paid. I did not eat or drink any of the free food.
But I did watch the track crew work the track to provide one of the best race tracks I've ever seen at LPS on Thursday night which in turn gave us one hell of a race.
Totally agree with how impressive the overall presentation of LPS is. And hats off for the continued structure upgrades.

Thanks to all involved.

7/16/16, 12:02 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I too didn't eat free food, I bought some. I did have Ice Cream, Got peanuts that I think will last another two races, Had a great evening on the hill after seeing that track at 2pm, I wouldn't have thought they'd be running every inch of it at 6pm as there was barely a car width on the rim that wasn't slop. Loved the new Restrooms (AND SHADED PATIO)

Little story here, I can't remember what year the NST ran as a break off group from WoO but that was the last race I attended at LPS until Spiker bought it, after going since the 80s It was a weeknight show, I showed up to restrooms the urinals were falling off the walls and stunk, Paint flaking everywhere and place did not look good. Gullys in the driveways etc. Not rain but the water truck made the track snot wet and the track didn't have the equipment even to grade it off right. And it was 1030pm before heat was run and 2am with a empty grandstand of people who had to work or go to school the next day before the feature ran.

Thursday I seen that track completely ripped up and turned over at least twice, A dozer pulled the slop off the infield and THE BEST TRACK I"VE EVER SEEN THERE and started on time. Yeah Brady used his pattened low to middle line and went from 11th to first, But late in that race Ballou and Tmez were on a tear on the cushion. It was GREAT.

Had great company in the Cordings sitting above me, MCRider. Susan St. Cathrine and Deb. The Shortbus and others.

Sprintweek ain't over, So we can't have a MVP YET.
I will say this, He don't need to do the freebies etc. A well run track, program and Hoosier Hospitality is what's brought that track back from the brink And into a Bullring Showcase!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/16/16 at 12:06 PM.

4 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, nathans1012, RACrappieman
7/16/16, 12:54 PM   #6
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I too didn't eat free food, I bought some. I did have Ice Cream, Got peanuts that I think will last another two races, Had a great evening on the hill after seeing that track at 2pm, I wouldn't have thought they'd be running every inch of it at 6pm as there was barely a car width on the rim that wasn't slop. Loved the new Restrooms (AND SHADED PATIO)

Little story here, I can't remember what year the NST ran as a break off group from WoO but that was the last race I attended at LPS until Spiker bought it, after going since the 80s It was a weeknight show, I showed up to restrooms the urinals were falling off the walls and stunk, Paint flaking everywhere and place did not look good. Gullys in the driveways etc. Not rain but the water truck made the track snot wet and the track didn't have the equipment even to grade it off right. And it was 1030pm before heat was run and 2am with a empty grandstand of people who had to work or go to school the next day before the feature ran.

Thursday I seen that track completely ripped up and turned over at least twice, A dozer pulled the slop off the infield and THE BEST TRACK I"VE EVER SEEN THERE and started on time. Yeah Brady used his pattened low to middle line and went from 11th to first, But late in that race Ballou and Tmez were on a tear on the cushion. It was GREAT.

Had great company in the Cordings sitting above me, MCRider. Susan St. Cathrine and Deb. The Shortbus and others.

Sprintweek ain't over, So we can't have a MVP YET.
I will say this, He don't need to do the freebies etc. A well run track, program and Hoosier Hospitality is what's brought that track back from the brink And into a Bullring Showcase!
Man Charles I hate to say it but I was there too, I asked for a refund around ten and was told We don"t give refunds. God wish I could have met Allison that night lol I"d probley still be in jail just down the road from the track. lol From the track then to what it is now, so much more than apples and oranges lol

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe Spiker the MVP of ISW?