IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!
7/18/16, 3:05 PM   #11
TQ97

Totally understand, just a dream scenario

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/18/16, 3:24 PM   #12
ThrowbackRacingTeam

1. Race of week- all nights of second leg about equally good for me.
2. Surprise- Carson Short wins first ever sprint car feature at TSS.
3. Most underachieved- Stanbrough? Hate to single him out but thought the 66 car was better than that.
4. I attended the entire second week.
5. I would change the track prep at every track to not packing it hard with heavy equipment. Louder PA at every track and stage the cars 2x2 on the front stretch with the drivers out of the cars like they do at Springfield. Some announcers could try to be a little more excited. And, finally, start later to avoid so much heat and direct sun.

7/18/16, 4:11 PM   #13
berks co

Best race I witnessed Bloomington Cushion.
Many new winners

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/18/16, 4:33 PM   #14
cmiracingvids

Best race - Bloomington. Also, they never touched the track all night.

Biggest surprise - not calling Darland, Grant, Bacon, Stanbrough, T-Mez, Windom, Ballou or Kevin Thomas Jr.'s name as the winner of the night. Also, Jarrett Andretti.

Most underachieved - Hate to say it, but Justin Grant. He was non existent all week.

I went to Gas City, Kokomo and Bloomington.

The only thing that really bothered me at all 3 tracks was parking. They should have someone directing people where to go at every track so they utilize the space they have the best way they can.

Overall awesome sprint week. 7 different winners in 7 races?!? How do you beat that?

4 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, koolaid89, tirespinner, trannyman
7/18/16, 5:37 PM   #15
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

I did them all...what a week...I absolutely enjoyed myself in my racing and non racing adventures...

Best race...Kokomo or Tristate...Ohh what about gas city??

Surprise...4 first time winners..wow

Dissipointed Ty Courtney missed the show at Bloomington..it took him out of the ISW points running without luxury of a provisional.

improvement...(story time)...I drove over to Kokomo after gas city feature to save a spot in the ticket line..I'm #8ish in line....I come back at 2:30 on Saturday and the "mayor" informs me that my pile of "stuff" has been designated as #20.....lol...No biggie buddy..its just Pretty dishonest though as people clearly placed things ahead of others. Open the gates...first come first served...or sell reserved seats.

I find a little extra enjoyment with the second half of ISW because the above is never a problem!!!

Can't wait for ISW 2017!
Last edited by Scooter; 7/18/16 at 5:39 PM.

4 members like this post: AB Racing, Dirtfan, rclaridge, wildman92
7/18/16, 5:40 PM   #16
Re: Indiana sprint week survey!
BrentTFunk

Best race toss up between Kokomo and Gas City
Biggest surprise was multiple first time winners
Most under achieved was me by missing Haubstadt. I was miserable to be around on Saturday night
I went to all the other shows. I have only missed 3 since the beginning.
I wouldn't change a thing with the format, nor would I add any shows. It wears me out as a fan. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is on the teams. Also if you want higher paying shows, don't skip them to watch lower paying shows. You vote with your wallet.
This was a very good Sprintweek, maybe the best ever.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 7/18/16 at 5:41 PM.

7/18/16, 6:01 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Best race toss up between Kokomo and Gas City
Biggest surprise was multiple first time winners
Most under achieved was me by missing Haubstadt. I was miserable to be around on Saturday night
I went to all the other shows. I have only missed 3 since the beginning.
I wouldn't change a thing with the format, nor would I add any shows. It wears me out as a fan. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is on the teams. Also if you want higher paying shows, don't skip them to watch lower paying shows. You vote with your wallet.
This was a very good Sprintweek, maybe the best ever.
Wow, I answer my way with suggestions to possibly put more $$ in racers pockets due to the popularity of the event, Give a extra heat and not have twelve cars for four spots?

I went to Waynesfield and seen one more sprint race that night than Kokomo had, Wasn't smashed in like a sardine in the stands Could take a bottle of water in if I wanted etc. AND MOST OF ALL, IT WAS TWO HOURS CLOSER TO HOME It's not a boycott of either Kokomo or USAC. I've never done more than four and most of that time I coudn't have made more if I wanted too.

But this is you Brent, I offer to give you a ride if you needed one at LPS , (IF you can even remember) and you want to call me out for missing one race even though I made one I didn't plan on attending.

OK BUDDY, Whatever.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/18/16 at 6:03 PM.

7/18/16, 6:04 PM   #18
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I was miserable to be around on Saturday night
How is that different than any other race night?

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton
7/18/16, 6:32 PM   #19
openwheelfan1

Best race that we attended: Bloomington
Biggest surprise: 4 new winners AND no repeat winners
Most underachieved: Amati Racing. From consistent contender to also ran
Races attended: the last 4-Putnamville, Bloomington,Haubstadt, Terre Haute
No changes for next year

Adding a category: Hardest working track crew: Joe Spiker and his crew. The fact that they got the track raceable is impressive...the fact that it wasn't one big rut halfway through the night is a miracle. Great job!

5 members like this post: DirtHawk92, mowerman, tirespinner, TQ97, WinglessLovers
7/18/16, 6:34 PM   #20
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

1. Race of the week - Kokomo
2. Seven winners seven races
3. Not underachieve but would go along way to keep the base coming tracks providing golf cart shuttles for older fans. We had to get one ourselves so my mom could go back to the races. Alot of .people don't go to as many shows due to the long distance parking situations.
4. 5 heats with 2 B mains

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, HoosierMikey, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!