IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #1 7/26/09 8:08 PM
its all BS with these clowns! Last nite and today! Poor racing why would anybody buy a ticket to see that? THAT PICK WHO THEY WANT TO WIN!
okienonwingfan (Offline)
  #2 7/26/09 8:13 PM
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE:
its all ******** with these clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last nite and today!!!!!!!!! Poor racing why would anybody buy a ticket to see that???????? THAT PICK WHO THEY WANT TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I know the economy is tanking but I was kinda in awe of the attendance today. There was obvious empty seats along the front straight.

It is starting to become a laughing stock more than what it it. I did not see the race last night I was working on a sprint car.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #3 7/26/09 8:14 PM
Originally Posted by superduke:
its all ******** with these clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last nite and today!!!!!!!!! Poor racing why would anybody buy a ticket to see that???????? That pick who they want to win!!!!!!!!!!
and then there was juan
Go Fast (Offline)
  #4 7/26/09 8:16 PM
Montoya definitely got the shaft today. If that had been Johnson, Gordon or any other of the favorite sons there would not have been a word said even if they had been speeding.

More fuel for the fire that NASCAR is rigged.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
2 Likes: 64chevy, SUPERDUKE
Gregg (Offline)
  #5 7/26/09 8:33 PM
I disagree. Juan Pablo had 'em covered all day. He should have backed it down a bit more on that last pit stop to avoid taking any unnecessary chances. Besides, Teresa Earnhardt probably screwed up his win somehow.
2 Likes: awnunn, FishBurger
awnunn (Offline)
  #6 7/26/09 8:57 PM
Hopefully Nascar will listen to Whine Pablo and hear where he threatened to kill them if they penalized him for speeding. Nice touch on swearing on your wife and kids life whine pablo. Classless.
3Cfan (Offline)
  #7 7/26/09 9:21 PM
Oh, Mr Montoya.......license and registration, please!!
okienonwingfan (Offline)
  #8 7/26/09 9:22 PM
Originally Posted by awnunn:
Hopefully Nascar will listen to Whine Pablo and hear where he threatened to kill them if they penalized him for speeding. Nice touch on swearing on your wife and kids life whine pablo. Classless.
I heard the same thing and I was like wow.
FishBurger (Offline)
  #9 7/26/09 9:53 PM
I know I should just move along, nothing to see here. Especially with this being the Indiana Open Wheel forum and all. But, to be fair, I gotta remind that almost everyone has been nabbed for pit lane speeding. That would include Earnhardt, Jr. at Las Vegas earlier this season. I know Jimmie Johnson has been nailed. And seems like I recall Carl Edwards getting burned three times in one race, though that might have been in the Nationwide series.

I'm so glad that I didn't get the directive advising that I may only enjoy one kind of racing. I need something to do besides watching Golden Girl reruns when there is no sprint car racing to attend. :2:
Tq14
  #10 7/26/09 10:17 PM
I am a huge fan of the indianapolis motor speedway, but nascar keeps hurting the speedways image. Nascar didnt fix the tire issues, there was almost no passing at all today and if you got to the front you were never going to get passed. The only nice thing about attending todays race was that since there was so many empty seats you werent crowded and could sit back and relax comfortably. From now on its only the Indy 500 for me. Todays race was a disaster!