IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #1 5/22/14 2:18 AM
The worst rendition of this race ever witnessed. Only 24 cars thanks to USAC allowing shocks that the WOO don't even allow and engines that cost out of this world. No local support. Then they roll out the cars for intros and none of them were in line. It was an embarrassment and Bob Sargent should be pissed. He and his crew did a phenomenal job of track prep that produced a track record but USAC sprints are being killed off by Jason Smith and Jason McCord just as quick as their incompetence has nearly ended the champ car series. Those guys need to go along with anyone else that has made decisions that cater to rich car owners and stuck their nose up to Knoxville and terry McCarl. It's obvious most teams are fed up with them, and in my opinion, changes need to be made before it's too late. Get rid of the high dollar stuff that obseletes the budget guys or watch it die like tonight. It's really sad to see as this was my number one on my schedule. I want to thank Bob Sargent, Reece O'connor and all their help, the fair board, all the racers and all the fans for supporting my favorite sprint car track that I've been attending since 1981. In closing, no one in my section could hear the PA all night and it's a total embarrassment when I try to bring business partners to this after talking it up and having total incompetence displayed in front of me. What a waste of great driving talent. No marketing, no announcing, no nothing. It seems these people don't even try as the PA has been like that for several years now. Absolutely pathetic.
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #2 5/22/14 4:17 AM
Hmmmm'!!....all I can say is WOW!!...n' again, I was wondering how this USAC event @ the Prestedious,Historical Terre Haute Action Track would turn out??..It sounds like the Race Track surface itself was in Excellent shape!!..and not an Issue!!..any other Race Event comments??.......
  #3 5/22/14 7:04 AM
I have to say the track was excellent. Great job and congratulation to the prep crew.

Also, the driver talent was also first class thanks for the great show guys.

The car count I thought was pretty good.
Times are hard.
As a club you either make it cheaper for your guys to run or you don't and thats not an overnight fix.
Small teams with seriously tight budgets are probably more inclined to save their equipment than get their ass handed to them and risk blowing a motor on a big mile track. (sorry my typo 1/2 mile)

Upgrading a PA at a track that size is a MAJOR investment. I can't think of ONE track where I can here the announcer when the cars are running can you?

All in all…….I had fun I thought it was a great night AND we were super lucky with the weather.
9 Likes: aka Liz, fish, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, jjones752, PJ Wright, racing2bwithu2, ROSS, Seadog
jjones752 (Offline)
  #4 5/22/14 8:11 AM
USAC and WOO engine rules are virtually identical; WOO doesn't allow in-cockpit shock adjustment but I see no other reference to shocks in their rulebook. You slam USAC for a 23-car field on a big track midweek, then praise the Promotors and the Fair board, but you finish up by complaining about (a.) the lack of announcing and (b.) the poor PA system, which I would think would be responsibilities of (a.) the Promotors and (b.) the Fair Board.
And apparently while you were busy complaining you missed a pretty good race...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
21 Likes: AB Racing, cgmotorsports12, Charles Nungester, cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, fish, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, jzf9kh, Kansasdirtfan, Koonzee, PJ Wright, racing2bwithu2, rataz, robert gatten, ROSS, Seadog, Shawn Harper, TQ97, UberKuhlMan
robert gatten (Offline)
  #5 5/22/14 10:03 AM
Maybe it's time for you to find a new sport as USAC has lost you as a REAL fan.
JstAbvVMC (Offline)
  #6 5/22/14 12:03 PM
Well, Ok I guess, not really sure where you are going with the WoO / USAC stuff. The equipment is the same for both. WoO doesn't allow cables and knobs on the shocks, Ok saves maybe one tank of hauler fuel. Big deal.

Maybe you might look at it another way. The USAC race is mid week and lots of the smaller teams have work. In addition, if I'm correct, doesn't MSCS has three races scheduled for this weekend too? Also, I think almost every track in Indiana has some type of racing event the week of the 500. Do you think it is very possible a number of teams sat out the Terre Haute race beacuse it is harder on motors and they have more races to run this weekend.

So you have a big fast race track, a mid week race, several other races scheduled this weekend and there was a chance of T-storms all day. I think USAC did a hell of a job getting the cars they got. And by way, I heard the fans got a heck of a race on a very fast race track.

Maybe you are a might spoiled. Come to California and see the racing we have scehduled this weekend. You will never complain again !!!!
9 Likes: apexonephoto, Charles Nungester, Deansnuts, fish, jim goerge, jjones752, jzf9kh, mc/rider, robert gatten
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #7 5/22/14 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=IanB;375712]
Small teams with seriously tight budgets are probably more inclined to save their equipment than get their ass handed to them and risk blowing a motor on a big mile track.

That argument don't hold water when you look at BOSS having 42 cars at Eldora.I'd say weather and last years cancellation had more to do with it then adjustable shocks.
6 Likes: bighd0522, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, Kellen Conover, on_the_hammer, PIT CART
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #8 5/22/14 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by IanB:
I have to say the track was excellent. Great job and congratulation to the prep crew.

Small teams with seriously tight budgets are probably more inclined to save their equipment than get their ass handed to them and risk blowing a motor on a big mile track.

When was The Action Track lengthen? I always thought it was a 1/2 mile.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45, jim goerge, rdzsprint
ossuks (Offline)
  #9 5/22/14 3:24 PM
nevermind
Action Tracker (Offline)
  #10 5/22/14 4:24 PM
A few cold beers waiting to see if the weather would clear; $5 HARF discount at the window; seeing lots of my old racin buddies; a very fast track; 23 of the best non-wing sprint cars in the country; 30 exciting laps with a battle for the lead; seeing a legend win his 50th sprint feature....guess it doesn't take much to make me happy.
10 Likes: 3Cfan, Charles Nungester, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, mc/rider, PIT CART, racing2bwithu2, robert gatten, Seadog, sprintracer82