IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kevin05 (Offline)
  #1 7/30/12 12:48 PM
In this day and age when bigger is always better (or at least that is what the wife says) We'd like to downsize to a smaller quad for more storage and ease of handeling.. How small has anybody gone down to and had good luck?? Mostly pushing a NW sprint on dirt and asphalt.
The Wizard
Tony74 (Offline)
  #2 8/1/12 4:19 PM
We have a yamaha timberwolf 250cc thats 4x4 works great in dirt/gravel, think its about 400 lbs
TQ29m (Online)
  #3 8/1/12 8:07 PM
I've been using a 90cc Cheena made 2smoke for the past 8 yrs, small footprint, big heart, dropped the gear 4 teeth on the back, and it's still quick, use it primarily for my TQ, which it will push start, have used it at Lburg, and Bton to help the guys with more than one sprint car, takes em in the right hander at Bton OK, and up the hill at Lburg, takes up little space in the trailer, doesn't have racks to haul anything, or anyone, but it does the job. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
6565 (Offline)
  #4 8/2/12 6:58 AM
I use an old '92 (I think) 2wd Suzuki 160cc for pushing my sprint car. Works just fine. Will push or pull the car onto the trailer ok, and up the hill at Lawrenceburg ok. Obviously won't come anywhere near starting a car, though. Paid $250 for it, so it's not the prettiest thing-but does the job.
baldtireman (Offline)
  #5 8/9/12 7:41 PM
Kev...I wanna know how she knows bigger is better?
kevin05 (Offline)
  #6 8/10/12 7:55 AM
Originally Posted by baldtireman:
kev...i wanna know how she knows bigger is better?

pool boy