IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chasinracin2 (Offline)
  #1 8/9/16 5:07 PM
How many Silver Crown cars do you think they will have on Saturday night? Where should I go?
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #2 8/9/16 6:12 PM
https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=93829

Go where you want, but keep in mind, this doesn't happen much anymore (nor will it if we do not support it).
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster, Indy1808, kstudley57, Pat O'Connor Fan, speed bump, tirespinner
racer-x (Offline)
  #3 8/9/16 6:25 PM
230 miles from my house down there and I might just make the trip by myself. Like the other poster said it might be the last time to see a race like this.
3 Likes: chrismattlin, PIT CART, tirespinner
sdsacr (Offline)
  #4 8/9/16 6:48 PM
My son and I plan on coming up from South Carolina as we have family in Louisville. However, the forecast for Saturday night does not look good at the moment.
tubemaster (Offline)
  #5 8/9/16 7:59 PM
I plan on going down from Seymour, the racing on the high banks of Salem is a sight to see. Hopefully the weather cooperates!!!
2 Likes: speed bump, tirespinner
sp6967 (Offline)
  #6 8/9/16 8:10 PM
Originally Posted by chasinracin2:
How many Silver Crown cars do you think they will have on Saturday night? Where should I go?
only takes two good ones to make a race.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
4 Likes: bowbuild, Indy1808, speed bump, tirespinner
racer-x (Offline)
  #7 8/9/16 8:45 PM
Maybe this would be a good race for us to see not because how many cars are there, but a tribute to the one driver that won't be there.
Nothing hurts a race crowd more then the chance of rain. Why don't the weatherman on this sight nip it on daily forecast of rain for this race.
3 Likes: Bostonian, PIT CART, tirespinner
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #8 8/9/16 10:02 PM
Sure would like to see someone get a seat fitted for Mr. Gerster. The last couple of years at Salem he has been spectacular to say the least.
3 Likes: mc/rider, ronmil, tirespinner
oljonesy (Offline)
  #9 8/9/16 11:34 PM
copy that rapid.anyone remember the last usac sprint race there?not many cars but exciting at the front.brian was one of them.i dont think there are that many,shall i say, brave drivers left to run the hills. i have seen the best in my many years and of course i long for brave men to tackle the hills, but these days?
jaydwolf@gmail.com (Offline)
  #10 8/10/16 10:29 PM
Midwest Oldtimers Vintage Race Car Club will be there Saturday. We usually have about 30 cars at Salem.

As far as Silver Crown cars they had 22 at indy, I know of two that were at Indy that will not be at Salem.