IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Victory Lane Altercation
8/28/17, 8:11 AM   #11
Re: Victory Lane Altercation
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I was there and saw it all! It was racing, things happen! Guys out there putting it all on the line for 10 grand and the Smackdown title something only 3 other drivers have done and two of those guys are Legends in BC and DD! KTJr is one in the making. Tyler Thomas Dominated that race for 39 laps with guys throwing everything they had at him and he had to endure 2 restarts at the end that really shouldn't have happened but they did and that's racing. Windom did what he had to do to pass him and Thomas did what he had to do to not back down. I know if it was me leading I would be saying to myself I know whats coming and will be damned if I'm gonna let anybody take this away from me! And If I was in second I would be saying to myself I'm gonna throw a slider in there and see what happens and maybe just maybe I can steal this thing. It didn't work out for Windom and he was upset and that's alright life goes on. As for Tyler Thomas he ran one helleva race and deserved to win but didn't! Sunshine pulled it off because he was at the right place at the right time and made the slider stick and sometimes that's all it takes. What a great Weekend!

Last edited by scottyCbus; 8/28/17 at 12:33 PM.

8/28/17, 8:37 AM   #12
Backitin

Fights in the pits used to be fairly common when I was a kid at least where we raced. A lot of the pit crews pretty much had a couple big security type guys for when it was time to roll in the dirt.
As intense as racing is its amazing to me there isn't more physical altercations.

1 member likes this post: duel
8/28/17, 8:44 AM   #13
duel

My question is what going to happen to Windom for his actions? I thought the throwing of steering wheel was enough. It lodged in Tyler's car somewhere to point they made him stop to remove it. It was unacceptable to let Chris walk all the way down the front stretch and attack a driver still in his car. He didn't finish in the top 3 so stay in the pits.
Last edited by duel; 8/28/17 at 8:45 AM. Reason: .

6 members like this post: bighd0522, Fox.53, hairracer44, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, trannyman
8/28/17, 8:53 AM   #14
iowasprint

The racing all 4 days was the best! As for the Saturday night A Main,if you were't there in person you missed good hard racing! Can't wait till next year.

4 members like this post: duel, hairracer44, rapid robert, scottyCbus
8/28/17, 9:02 AM   #15
david mitchell
Banned

Weather looks good for terre haute and haubstadt 🙉

5 members like this post: dshort36, hairracer44, interpreter66, Josh Spencer, Kydehart
8/28/17, 10:27 AM   #16
Phylo82

Any team involved in racing for any length of time has done something to cause damage to another teams car. It's inevitable. Some drivers are cleaner than others, some are more cautious than others....and some are only good at remembering what others have done to them and not their own bad actions. If you can't deal with that without your head exploding in anger you should find another way to spend your time. :-)
Last edited by Phylo82; 8/28/17 at 11:08 AM.

3 members like this post: dwhitney1169, PJ Wright, TQ29m
8/28/17, 10:42 AM   #17
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Lets get things in the proper perspective! There is a drinking club that includes fans, competitors and officials....DO NOT EVER cross the line and discuss their people!!

Open wheel dirt racing has a colt like following, they are loyal and put race attendance on a priority that for some is even higher than their profession! OK... life lived with out passion is not me either....we all have our thing, to some it is fishing, outdoors, reading, sports, ect...I at one time went to as many as 90 races a year, now, my passion is my family. I am struggling to string this together so here is my point! In regards to IOW and promoting your sport...your fan base is small, WAY SMALLER than you might think. I teach in a Indianapolis High School with 2300 students in the racing capital of the world!!! I have found 3 students that know what a sprint car is and 0 that have ever attended!! This message board has lost many followers over the years....Can this PASSION afford to lose followers? Society and Social Media is becoming more negative every day! The world needs more HAPPY !!!...I love to banter, you know, kinda argue and trade facts and try to persuade...hard to have discussions or heaven forbid ask a question sometimes on this site because there are some laying in the weeds just waiting to pounce. You want to promote your sport ? Keep running people off!
Huh?

1 member likes this post: fish
8/28/17, 11:17 AM   #18
rmcar

Sorry that I am not a real fan. But like a lot of people my life has changed. So going on a weekly basis or traveling very far is not possible. Did for several years in my tri state area.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
8/28/17, 11:26 AM   #19
GRAYBEARD

Ossuks, you are an ex employee of USAC and you are allways cutting them down in your own posts. Nice way of promoting our sport. Maybe you should heed your own words.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, OnTheHammer
8/28/17, 11:34 AM   #20
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Weather looks good for terre haute and haubstadt 🙉
What Terre Haute race are you speaking about?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Victory Lane Altercation