IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Races at Banker's Life
10/7/15, 10:41 PM   #61
Re: Midget Races at Banker's Life
Game Time

BC first to accept invite.....

5 members like this post: bjr1655, jim goerge, micro94, Morin Racing 98, racefan20
10/7/15, 10:51 PM   #62
sun8130

First off I live in the area and own a midget. if invited my car would be there.
Banker's Life Hockey Floor footprint uses all available space on the floor after the North bleachers and the 5 rows of retractable on the other 3 sides are moved into their storage position.
NHL list a Hockey Floor at 200' x85' with 28' radius corners, with simple geometry equals 504' around the wall.
5280 feet equal a mile. divided into 504 feet at the largest point equals .095 or less than 1/10th of a mile.

10/7/15, 11:34 PM   #63
v8j

Um you might be off a little. There is another 5-6 rowes from hocky that can go away. the south end is fixed

10/8/15, 7:45 AM   #64
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
You guys crack me up. You guys complain that you want more races. You guys complain about a race that is going to happen. You guys complain about a great race that has happened but you got dirty, so it was the worst time ever. You guys wonder why promoters won't put on bigger races or races in general. Hell they get torn down before they even have a chance to happen. How bout this. We all enjoy life and for what it's worth. The friendships you make at the race track, just being able to go to the race track. I have a friend who has two kids. One is a 14 year old daughter who is battling cancer for her 3rd time and his 4 year old was just told he has cancer too. How bout we just all enjoy life and get off the back's of all the promoters in the country and enjoy the sport we love.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Enjoy Life! Enjoy the sport we love! Nothing in life is guaranteed!

4 members like this post: bmemmer, BrentTFunk, jim goerge, wildman92
10/8/15, 9:12 AM   #65
RacinFool

just curious who are the powers that be who make the decision who is worthy?

1 member likes this post: bjr1655
10/8/15, 9:50 AM   #66
Chris Baue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellen Conover View Post
I think the fact that the opportunities are so limited in this day and age to approach new venues, most people are just worried that a hastily thrown together event could do as much damage as it could good for the sport. But at the end of the day I think we all hope for it to be a solid event that they can expand on.
Hey we don't need your kind of rationalism round here take it somewhere else Pal!

10/8/15, 12:47 PM   #67
Kenneth.Howard13

Maybe we should use social media and start a trend to try and get the T.Q.s added to the show if not this year maybe next.
Last edited by Kenneth.Howard13; 10/8/15 at 1:21 PM.

1 member likes this post: Racer1039
10/8/15, 1:53 PM   #68
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth.Howard13 View Post
Maybe we should use social media and start a trend to try and get the T.Q.s added to the show if not this year maybe next.
Just want to make sure everyone's aware they're also running outlaw karts this year. Would be very curious if the building can accommodate pit space for a 3rd class.
If it does turn into an annual event I'm totally cool w/ changing the support class each year!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
10/8/15, 3:58 PM   #69
treecitytornado

I called Bankers Life Fieldhouse to inquire about race info, tickets, etc. The lady I spoke to had not heard of any such thing or had any info about tickets going on sale for an event on Dec. 12Th. She assured me if something was going to happen, she would know about it. She asked if I would call her Monday.

10/8/15, 3:58 PM   #70
micro94

So am I correct in assuming these outlaw karts are going to be the 500cc outlaw karts they run out west? If so how well does everybody think that will work out? I mean they don't run outlaw karts around here that I'm aware of (although they look like a ball and wish they did). So with that being said is 40 guys/gals going to be invited from the west coast to come here and run this 1 show? Doesn't seem logical to me if that's the case. Why not run micros with them instead being they have grown in fan base quite a bit the last 5 years or so in this are? I do believe however this could be one awesome show and I will be there to support it. PRI show in town so there will be many talented drivers and teams already in town for that. The crowd and talent will already be here in abundance with the trade show here so I believe it will be hard to fail at this as long as they can provide a descent racing surface. I look forward to it. Believe I just may go buy my tickets tomorrow afternoon. Just curious about the outlaw kart ordeal.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Races at Banker's Life