IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #11 1/20/21 6:47 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
Modifieds on Midget Week?
Lawrenceburg always trying to be "special".
Modifieds at Midget Week ! Its always been Sprints with the Midgets, thats what is so KOOL bout IMW. I said last year after IMW that I wouldn"t be back cuz of the dust, couldn"t see the cars though 3 and 4 during the heats. It did get better after he watered at half time. Looks like I"ll be having my Kodak moments at other tracks.
4 Likes: Eatin Dirt, ronmil, spankytoo, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #12 1/21/21 6:06 PM
Originally Posted by Duke17:
Should also bring the Indiana Racesaver 305 Winged Sprints a couple of times!!! That would a great show!!!

Charles Nungester
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #13 1/21/21 6:44 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
Modifieds on Midget Week?
Lawrenceburg always trying to be "special".
I was there in '17 for IMW and mods were on the card then, doesn't sound real "special" to me. Don't they have them every year for IMW?
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #14 1/23/21 10:21 AM
One of the reasons I, and some friends, go to midget week, is because a lot of the midget drivers slide over and race a sprint also. Makes for a great night. Why on earth would the burg take the sprints out of the equation? Oh, that’s right, brings a different crowd, the mod crowd in also. We’re talking about the dollar bill.
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #15 1/23/21 10:28 AM
I looked at their schedule, it says they are running Sprints, with midgets, guess they are just adding mods also. That’s good.
5 Likes: 95KART, jonboat15, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, tirespinner
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #16 1/23/21 10:36 AM
Yes, the racing divisions are on the schedule, same three divisions when I was there for IMW.
3 Likes: billw, PJ Wright, tirespinner
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #17 1/23/21 11:57 AM
This is copied off of Lawrenceburg Speedway track website.

This thread sure didn't age well, classic overreaction.

June 5th

USAC Indiana Midget Week

Racing will feature:

USAC Midgets
Kelsey Chevrolet Sprints
KOI Auto Parts Modifieds

Times:
Pit Gate: 3:00pm
Front Gate: 5:00pm
Hot Laps: 6:00pm
Opening Ceremonies: 7:00pm

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
7 Likes: 95KART, billw, jonboat15, PJ Wright, sjracer26, tirespinner, TNRustler
Wingman (Offline)
  #18 1/23/21 1:25 PM
This is a good schedule. But it has been the same schedule the last 10 years. How about throwing in an All-Star show?
3 Likes: dkdorkboy, i love dirt track racing, motorhead748
sp6967 (Offline)
  #19 1/23/21 1:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wingman:
This is a good schedule. But it has been the same schedule the last 10 years. How about throwing in an All-Star show?
the midgets are the all star show.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
5 Likes: 95KART, Charles Nungester, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, reeserx
ronmil (Offline)
  #20 1/23/21 5:01 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Modifieds at Midget Week ! Its always been Sprints with the Midgets, thats what is so KOOL bout IMW. I said last year after IMW that I wouldn"t be back cuz of the dust, couldn"t see the cars though 3 and 4 during the heats. It did get better after he watered at half time. Looks like I"ll be having my Kodak moments at other tracks.
Me too, Jim! That wasn't one of our stellar races and the drive was a pain in the arse!!

Ron Miller
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner