IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Kid From Tennessee Is Champ
9/18/17, 7:57 PM   #11
Re: The Kid From Tennessee Is Champ
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
IAs far as moxie and stones are concerned, I wish more of those left and right boys that actually have them raced at places in cars that I much prefer to watch and enjoy, but they won't. I can't prove it either way but I'd be willing bet a Euro or two the vast majority of the European trained drivers prolly don't have what it takes to sling it sideways into #3 at a buck fifty without lifting on the Springfield Mile.

Yep, cause you know guys that go to wheel to wheel at over 200 mph in open cockpit cars on a regular basis lack a huge set.

9/18/17, 8:42 PM   #12
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
I'm also bettin' that no one connected with Eldora give a fat rats ass what the rest of the world is paying attention to.
Apparently they do since they all come here and on Trackforum and complain about how unfair it is that we can't a get a dirt slinger into IndyCar over those limp wristed furriners.

Sarcasm aside, I think you'd actually be shocked how many people that follow racing of any type don't close themselves into their own little hollow. It's why people like myself can fully respect what a USAC and WoO driver does while also respecting what a kid going up the European or American ladder is doing. It's also why I don't myself become so obtuse that I think either one translates to being able to the job in the other. Nor do I fall into this uneducated macho trap of thinking a road course driver in an open wheel car is someone who hasn't dropped his pair yet and walks with a little sway in his behind all because he doesn't want to fling dirt around Eldora for peanuts. Personally I think both sets of drivers need an assistant to help lift their hefty sacks off the ground....just ask Scott Dixon.
Last edited by Brickyard; 9/18/17 at 8:44 PM.

4 members like this post: EBookerFan, Kellen Conover, Tony74, Tumey's 55
9/19/17, 7:31 AM   #13
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

There are several one mile dirt tracks across our great country.Work out a suspension package and turn em loose

9/20/17, 3:27 PM   #14
Racer1039

Quote:
But, are you sure JNew will be accepted? I mean, he was one of those limp wristed twisty drivers in Europe before going a year in Lights and he does spell his name all German like....Josef, kind of hard for me to pronounce.......or at least that's what I've been told here. LOL
JNew did get his start at New Castle Motorsports Park here in Indiana though.
Last edited by Racer1039; 9/20/17 at 3:40 PM.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Kid From Tennessee Is Champ