IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lps updates
8/23/10, 11:06 PM   #31
Re: lps updates
v8j

the track sucked but as crew and drivers we are to deal with what ever the track is.that is racing,all the wrecks and car damage who knows what or who caused them.the place is getting better and better

8/24/10, 11:13 AM   #32
D.O.

Putnamville has never been a smooth track. LPS has always had a J.D. Rail around the top and holes, some big and some smaller. But a track like that makes the racing driver THINK! How do I tame this monster and get to the front or pas the car ahead of me, making a better driver at all tracks he might race at. Teams have many choices each Saturday night and many [Thank You] pick Putnamville. You know what your going to get as a track before you show up and you know you have to race to make the show.
The track always has something different a driver has to figure out, look at Shane Hollingsworth and Dickie Gaines. They have figured out how to win and make the surface work for them. Watch how Shane has created his own way of passing cars by using the hole and rail in turn 1. He slams it harder then anybody I have seen to turn the car and dive down across turn 2 for spots. Most of Shane's wins have come from deep it the pack so he had to find something out there to do that.
Lloyd have commented about the Bombers flying coming off of turn 4, he knows that wasn't the first time that has happened at LPS and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Sure it could be better but everything in life could be better.
Putnamville is Putnamville and that is why so many love it.
See you on Saturday.

ps- If your looking for weekly video from LPS I have all weeks ready on DVD each week at the track, just $10 each. Look me up at the track or PM me here and I will hook you up.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Racer12
8/24/10, 11:30 AM   #33
racers1020

HMMM, I wonder how all of these sugar coated posts about the poor track condition would read if good ole DA was still running the place.

8/24/10, 11:57 AM   #34
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by racers1020 View Post
HMMM, I wonder how all of these sugar coated posts about the poor track condition would read if good ole DA was still running the place.
Well he isn't! Keep up the good work Joe. See you Sat.

2 members like this post: Racer12, SHORTBUS
8/24/10, 4:48 PM   #35
D.O.

Thats a good question about ole DA. If Spiker treated everybody like DA did then sugar would probally be shitz covered.
Spiker seems to really like evrybody at LPS, durning the features you can find himup on the hill watching the races with the fans.
Spending time talking with them and making sure they are having a good time unlike previous owners, not limited to DA.
So i'm sure most of the comments with DA owning the track and operating the track would be a lot different. Spiker has hired push trucks to keep things going plus he has more than 5 gallons of gas in all of his equipment that is used during the night.
Racers1020 you seem to return to race each week?
Last edited by D.O.; 8/24/10 at 4:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
8/24/10, 5:56 PM   #36
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

He wouldn't be avg 100 plus cars each week,,if da still had it I would still be retired,,lolQUOTE=racers1020;191326]HMMM, I wonder how all of these sugar coated posts about the poor track condition would read if good ole DA was still running the place.[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device

8/25/10, 11:51 AM   #37
bigjoedirt

I have a question. How can you crash on the last lap or get "DQ'd" and still finish ahead of cars that are still running? The last place car was only lapped by the leader yet he was scored behind the two cars that crashed on the last lap and there was another car that pulled off while under the yellow. He was also scored behind the 12 car that according to the announcer was black flagged for passing the pace truck. I was at the previous weeks show and the track was decent, not great, but decent. But this week was terrible. Untill the farm and truck show fixed the problem. I actually have been paying the extra $$ to go to the pits because you get to see what is really going on and I can tell you it has opened my eyes. I was able to ask questions about the cars and the cost that is envolved to race a sprint car. I also got to talk to the drivers and for the most part all were wonderfull people. But I have to say that INMHO everyone needs to go to the pits every now and again because I think after you talk to the racers you may have a different outlook on just how expensive a rough race can be. There were a ton broken parts and if you didnt make the show your $40 bucks wont get you far. Did you guys know that is all you got for missing the show? I didn't. I've said enough for my first post so I'll close with this,we should all pay the extra money and hit the pits every now and again. You might learn something. I'm just a fan that has had his eyes opened.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
8/25/10, 12:12 PM   #38
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoedirt View Post
I have a question. How can you crash on the last lap or get "DQ'd" and still finish ahead of cars that are still running? The last place car was only lapped by the leader yet he was scored behind the two cars that crashed on the last lap and there was another car that pulled off while under the yellow. He was also scored behind the 12 car that according to the announcer was black flagged for passing the pace truck. I was at the previous weeks show and the track was decent, not great, but decent. But this week was terrible. Untill the farm and truck show fixed the problem. I actually have been paying the extra $$ to go to the pits because you get to see what is really going on and I can tell you it has opened my eyes. I was able to ask questions about the cars and the cost that is envolved to race a sprint car. I also got to talk to the drivers and for the most part all were wonderfull people. But I have to say that INMHO everyone needs to go to the pits every now and again because I think after you talk to the racers you may have a different outlook on just how expensive a rough race can be. There were a ton broken parts and if you didnt make the show your $40 bucks wont get you far. Did you guys know that is all you got for missing the show? I didn't. I've said enough for my first post so I'll close with this,we should all pay the extra money and hit the pits every now and again. You might learn something. I'm just a fan that has had his eyes opened.
Welcome to the board Bigjoe. A trip to the pits every so often is a great way to learn about the owners, drivers, cars, and especially what it takes to race today. MONEY!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/25/10, 2:08 PM   #39
racers1020

D.O. I was not saying anything one way or another. I have raced 3 nights in the last 2 years so I wouldn't call that week after week. But I would if I was still racing full time yes. I was merely pointing out the obvious about the track condition posts, not the difference between Joe and Dave. I know first hand Dave's an AZZ.. I also know Joe is doing wonders for the track and fans. So keep up the good video work, and helping Joe keep the track going in the right direction.
David K.

8/25/10, 5:26 PM   #40
Tripp22

Hey we'll take the track off your hands. Just move it to Lincoln. IL. 20 min from our house and not 3hrs. 35min.
P.S. you can bring the holes and the Curb. We'll be glade you came.

1 member likes this post: flyer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lps updates