IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paul Hazen is finally a hall of fame inductee
12/17/22, 9:57 PM   #21
TCR57

Damion Gardner
Jack Hoyer
Clinton Boyles
Jesus

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
12/17/22, 11:04 PM   #22
Re: Paul Hazen is finally a hall of fame inductee
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Let's make a list of drivers that have driven for Paul Hazen.

Jon Stanbrough
Shane Cottle
Tony Elliott
Casey Shuman
Kevin Thomas
Chad Boespflug
Max Adams
Thomas Meseraull
Tim Bookmiller
Scotty Weir drove a one-off in the 57 on the last night of the season to seal the track championship at Gas City in 2021.

12/17/22, 11:59 PM   #23
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
How can you not like this?
When you have been around as long as Paul has you must be doing something right.
Even though this should have happened a while ago it's great to see him finally get the respect that he so rightfully deserves.
It would be awesome to see every driver that has driven for him and is still living show up at Knoxville to show their support and respect for the longevity Paul has spent in sprint car racing.
Those that have driven for him and show up at Knoxville should do a group photo with Paul that can be hung inside the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museaum. Maybe make a few more of those group picture prints that can be sold to the fans & help Paul and his team with their racing expenses.

Let's make a list of drivers that have driven for Paul Hazen.

Jon Stanbrough
Shane Cottle
Tony Elliott
Casey Shuman
Kevin Thomas
Chad Boespflug
Max Adams
Thomas Meseraull
Tim Bookmiller
Scotty Weir
Damion Gardner
Jack Hoyer
Clinton Boyles
Not that I disagree or think your idea is wrong, but Gas City had a poster made of Mr. Hazen, the 57 with Clinton Boyles in the seat, and an "unofficial list" of drivers who have driven the 57 and driven for Paul. I have the poster. There are nearly 70 drivers. 4 are not on the poster. I also have over half of the drivers signed on the poster and still working on getting it signed by all living drivers. Unfortunately there are roughly 10-15 drivers who have passed away. If I knew how to post pictures on here I would do so.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 12/18/22 at 12:31 AM.

12/18/22, 12:10 AM   #24
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Jim Elliot, Don Hewitt, Louie Mann, Rocky Fisher, Ed Angle, Mark Caldwell, Richard Jackson, Chuck Mosley, Butch Wilkerson, Tony Elliot, Tim Bookman Bookmiller, Jeff Gordon, Tony Ploughe, Larry Rice, Steve Imel, Kevin Thomas, Robbie Stanley, Brad Marvel, Tim Champlin, Johnny Parsons Jr, Stevie Reeves, Kent Christian, Gary Fisher, Tray House, Dave Darland, Russ Gamester, Brian Tyler, Bill Tyler, Tony Jarrett, Joe Roush, Brian Black, Mike Mann, Sheldon Kinser Jr, Derek Davidson, Aaron Mosley, Bill Rose, Ted Hines, Jay Drake, Tracy Hines, Jon Stanbrough, Jason Robbins, AJ Anderson, Casey Shuman, Bryan Clauson, Kevin Briscoe, Billy Puterbaugh, Josh Spencer, Matt Hardin, Bryan Stanfill, Marc Arnold, Critter Malone, Shane Cottle, Shane Hollingsworth, Thomas Meseraull, Travis Welpott, Jon Sciscoe, Scotty Weir, Chad Boespflug, Colten Cottle, Clinton Boyles, Tim Creech, Max Adams, Tye Mihocko, Justin Grant, Isaac Chapple, Tyler Hewitt, Jack Hoyer.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 12/18/22 at 12:30 AM.

12/18/22, 9:50 AM   #25
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Jim Elliot, Don Hewitt, Louie Mann, Rocky Fisher, Ed Angle, Mark Caldwell, Richard Jackson, Chuck Mosley, Butch Wilkerson, Tony Elliot, Tim Bookman Bookmiller, Jeff Gordon, Tony Ploughe, Larry Rice, Steve Imel, Kevin Thomas, Robbie Stanley, Brad Marvel, Tim Champlin, Johnny Parsons Jr, Stevie Reeves, Kent Christian, Gary Fisher, Tray House, Dave Darland, Russ Gamester, Brian Tyler, Bill Tyler, Tony Jarrett, Joe Roush, Brian Black, Mike Mann, Sheldon Kinser Jr, Derek Davidson, Aaron Mosley, Bill Rose, Ted Hines, Jay Drake, Tracy Hines, Jon Stanbrough, Jason Robbins, AJ Anderson, Casey Shuman, Bryan Clauson, Kevin Briscoe, Billy Puterbaugh, Josh Spencer, Matt Hardin, Bryan Stanfill, Marc Arnold, Critter Malone, Shane Cottle, Shane Hollingsworth, Thomas Meseraull, Travis Welpott, Jon Sciscoe, Scotty Weir, Chad Boespflug, Colten Cottle, Clinton Boyles, Tim Creech, Max Adams, Tye Mihocko, Justin Grant, Isaac Chapple, Tyler Hewitt, Jack Hoyer.
Well.... it looks like we have come to the right man!

12/18/22, 11:19 AM   #26
diversified

It would be cool if someone were to set up a "Go Fund Me" account to accept donations and provide some significant funds for Paul to travel to and compete at the USAC non-wing show at Knoxville the weekend of his Hall of Fame Induction-help with travel, tires, maybe lease a killer powerplant for the big half mile...whatever he needs to make it a really memorable experience! Might even get some product support from some of the fine manufacturers/vendors in the sport. A commemerative T-shirt would probably be a big hit as well!

12/19/22, 3:28 PM   #27
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Well.... it looks like we have come to the right man!
Haha I dont know about all that...I was just trying to help with the list and read it off the poster outside of the last 4 which are not on the poster. They were new to driving the 57 machine after rhe poster was made. I just am very fortunate to have such a good friend in Funk who helps me alot with racing and educating me.

Gas City did a really kool thing with the poster. I did forget to mention they was $20 and every penny went to Paul.

The whole getting everyone to sign it was just a crazy idea that I came up with to make it unique and make it my own, which again turned out a blessing bc I got to meet some of the first drivers, the older drivers, get shop tours, stories, and pictures. Most autographs turn into a lead for another guy on the poster. It's been one of the coolest and most educating experiences I've had, especially when it comes to getting autographs.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 12/19/22 at 3:29 PM.

12/23/22, 2:38 PM   #28
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paul Hazen is finally a hall of fame inductee