IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier 100
5/31/10, 6:50 PM   #1
Hoosier 100
speed bump

How do you think the new format at the Hoosier 100 was this year ??
Will it be back next year ??

5/31/10, 7:09 PM   #2
Re: Hoosier 100
OLDMIKE

I am a traditional Hoosier Hundred fan. However, the new format did add new excitment to the race. For once there was passing for the lead in this race.
As long as they continue to hold the Hoosier Hundred at the Indiana Mile I'll be there regardless of formay.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
6/1/10, 7:17 AM   #3
Dyno Don

I felt short changed,because they ran Mods instead of the hooligan.

In all years pass they qualified the top 24 and the rest ran the hooligan for the last 6 positions. I miss the hooligan and do not see a need to replace it with Mods.

6/1/10, 9:20 AM   #4
JCC

If they wouldnt have stopped and changed tires it would have been a very boring evening!!

6/1/10, 9:32 AM   #5
LEADERS EDGE

I don't know how much tire Shane had, but to race that hard and not kill the tires is hard to do. He was very dominate.

I'm not a fan of the stop, but thats just me. It dumbs it down in my opinion.

Actually; Origionally they qualified and the top 18 made the show and the rest went home. No B main. I personally like that they started every car. All teams got some sort of money for being there.

I have a question: If the Silver Crown Cars are the top division and thats what we need to have back on the championship trail to get people more interested; then where were the fans? Light crowd in my opinion. Sargent and USAC are trying to keep the division going on dirt, but the fan base isn't where it should be.

6/1/10, 10:52 AM   #6
miledirt

I think we need to give this some time...

36 car count is excellent AND a good sign

I know Schrader ran away with the mods, but let's see how this works out over the next couple of years

I too miss the B-Main

While I am a traditionalist when it comes to the champ dirt cars and wasn't in favor of the 51 red flag, if it makes for a more interesting second half of the race for the casual fan and keeps them coming back and bringing some new fans, then I'm for it

Now the question is: will the promoter bring the red flag stop to Springfield and DuQuoin?

6/2/10, 6:13 PM   #7
sprntr

As a Crew member, I'm opposed to this format. It DOUBLES tire costs with NO BENEFIT to the teams.

If they really want to add excitement to the evening, make Kenny Schrader start dead last in the Mod race. With his experience & the quality of his equipment, it would be more exciting to see him work his way through the field than to see him just drive away from it. He was lapping about a second faster than the second place car.

Shane ran a Hoosier F95 for the last 49 laps. I checked it in Victory Lane. Don't know what he ran for the first 51.

6/2/10, 6:38 PM   #8
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

And after Races in Pit....have enough iced down,back east, beer for ur fans??....thanks in '09 Stieny,you had one for me!!.......

6/2/10, 6:39 PM   #9
sprntr

We had plenty last Friday but few stopped by.

They had at least one of the tunnels closed and some fans didn't know how to get across to visit the pits afterwards. Not a very fan friendly act by the promoter!
Last edited by sprntr; 6/2/10 at 6:43 PM.

6/2/10, 8:27 PM   #10
dirt330

Not one advertisment in the indianapolis newspaper. They need to promot this race on tv radio and print

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier 100