IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ft. Wayne Midget Indoor Tire and TT Update
10/13/07, 5:41 PM   #1
Ft. Wayne Midget Indoor Tire and TT Update
bigmojo5

Posted By Tony Barhorst

It has been announced today that Hoosier Tire will continue to manufacture the special Indoor tire that they have produced since the nineteen eighties. The tire company does not want to keep an over supply of the special tire in stock, so advance orders are being taken by Hoosier Tire distributor Don Kenyon until November 16, 2007. Teams should call Don at his DK Promotions office at 765-482-4273 to order the Indoor tires prior to this date. Teams should call Don with any and all questions in regard to tires.

Teams must run Hoosier tires, and use any tire from Hoosier that they prefer. The recommended tires for use at the Ft. Wayne indoor race are:

RR 10.5/23.5 IN5
LR 8.5/21.5 IN3
Fronts 7/20.5 MG4

In another matter, Rumble Series promoter Tony Barhorst has announced that the USAC Midgets will return to the time trials that have been conducted the last two years to determine the heat lineups.

To have an entry sent to your team, e-mail Tony Barhorst at tbracefest@aol.com.

10/13/07, 8:40 PM   #2
Re: Ft. Wayne Midget Indoor Tire and TT Update
dirtywhiteboy

:emote20:

I think I hear a reverse beeper cause this is a huge back tracking.

10/13/07, 8:56 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

What happened to open tire rule?

10/14/07, 10:06 AM   #4
bigmojo5

Posted By Tony Barhorst

The open tire rule was only an idea that I floated here. I won't tend to discuss decisions like this on the internet, but felt that this was an interesting topic that really would be a plus to air in public.

This is the first time in my ten years promoting indoor races that the tire question even came up. I wanted to do this in a way to save teams money. When the outdoor tire idea did not get the reviews from teams that I wanted, I looked for a compromise, and Hoosier made it possible.

The problem with the open tire rule is: You have some teams with new indoor tires, and some without. That would still not be the best answer.

In regard to the time trials, I decided to change back to running the time trials. In the two years that we ran time trials, I didn't get a good comment one way or another. Now we know it is pretty popular.

You won't see many more decisions like this being made in public. They are sometimes like sausage being made...not a pretty process.

10/14/07, 11:33 AM   #5
LRP36

Now what is Don Moore going to complain about? :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ft. Wayne Midget Indoor Tire and TT Update