IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > McIntosh
10/9/22, 7:28 PM   #11
Re: McIntosh
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
No. It wasnt going to do anyone any good for him to go further -- including him. Great job by Kristy holding on to the microphone
It's supposed to be entertainment, that's what people pay to see, entertainment.
T-Mez is an adult, he can handle any repercussions. I totally disagree with her taking the mic away. No pit reporter would ever stop a driver's rant in the upper echelons of racing. The whole place was waiting to hear what he had to say, but she cut him off?

She could have cut off Buddy who talked for 10 minutes, but didn't really say much of anything.

10/9/22, 9:12 PM   #12
DJlives

You never give up the microphone. That's the point. She was correct to hold on to it.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cornerthree, tirespinner, Will Shunk
10/10/22, 3:40 PM   #13
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Love all the pot shots at each other and the Im innocent B.S. The way midget racing is today. It's a wonder anyone shows up Haul it in there and hope the other guy backs out.
. Wow, I got four hundred to start and got two grand in repairs every race...........
You nailed it. The cars have been built so drivers feel like they're in a full fender car and the fear of getting hurt is all but gone. I'm all for safety and quality built equipment, but I think if a few of these rich kids got hurt once in a while, some of this garbage might stop. If they drove these cars the same way 20 years ago before all of the full containment seats and other protective panels/equipment, there would have been someone seriously hurt or killed every week.

3 members like this post: Morgan7m, PIT CART, The Old Coyote
10/10/22, 3:52 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
You nailed it. The cars have been built so drivers feel like they're in a full fender car and the fear of getting hurt is all but gone. I'm all for safety and quality built equipment, but I think if a few of these rich kids got hurt once in a while, some of this garbage might stop. If they drove these cars the same way 20 years ago before all of the full containment seats and other protective panels/equipment, there would have been someone seriously hurt or killed every week.
Im not totally agreeing with you But yes, A lot tend to drive that way till they get bad hurt once or twice.

10/10/22, 3:57 PM   #15
Pancho Stapp

It made me nervous when i heard Daison Pursley was going to strap back in and gas it. Talk about getting hurt, hokie smokes. Not categorizing that accident as dirty, but man you go for one hell of a ride in a midget.

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
10/10/22, 4:56 PM   #16
kb78

I'm not sure that I am on the same wavelengths as most of you guys with the midget deal. When I see someone make an overly aggressive move it doesn't always seem to be the young kids, I think you see some of the veterans do it too. I do agree that when the season started there were a lot of avoidable incidents but as the year has gone on and the rookies have gotten more comfortable I see less and less nasty moves. I was watching on Flo so I didn't get to see any of Cannon's dust-ups this weekend so I will not comment on that, but most of the accidents I have been seeing lately either have something to do with the cars taking a bounce or with someone switching lanes and coming down the track.

I like T-mezz and I love Tmezz TV on youtube, but you can't preach "Slide or Die" in every interview and then be upset when you get taken out by a slide to die for. JMO

10/10/22, 5:58 PM   #17
BrentTFunk

I think everyone wants close racing. These drivers are on the ragged edge lap after lap. I did not see this incident but, saw a lot more action that wasn't dirty. When you have a field that are that close, things will happen. The guys at the back are pretty close to as fast as the leaders. TMez was great coming thru the pack. I went to school for broadcasting. Rule number 1 is never give anyone the microphone.

6 members like this post: duel, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, oppweld, ROSS, tirespinner
10/10/22, 8:54 PM   #18
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Rule number 1 is never give anyone the microphone.
That’s all well and good, but you don’t cut him off. You let the person being interviewed finish the rant. The only reason to cut them off is profanities… And even that is questionable on an online broadcast. But i’ll go check my old broadcast school text books just to be sure. 🙄

2 members like this post: bighd0522, tirespinner
10/10/22, 9:56 PM   #19
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
That’s all well and good, but you don’t cut him off. You let the person being interviewed finish the rant. The only reason to cut them off is profanities… And even that is questionable on an online broadcast. But i’ll go check my old broadcast school text books just to be sure. 🙄
He may still be ranting if she didn’t take the mike back 😂 and I’m not saying she should of, but he didn’t appear close to being done.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
10/10/22, 10:00 PM   #20
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

My favorite was when they were pushing McIntosh off the track after his final wreck. You could see left front end damage. Cannonball was gesturing in the car for probably a hook. I think the push vehicle driver said to himself "you're done for the night son".

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > McIntosh