IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #21 8/12/20 9:04 PM
Open wheel fan I saw that. And yes I agree anything else is dubious
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #22 8/18/20 6:37 PM
So the crickets are drowned out at least for a moment with the announcement of a big Allstar race there Tuesday and Wednesday the 22nd & 23rd of September. Although the 4 Crowns are not yet officially cancelled I would have to believe this spells the end for this year. One can only hope TONY and USAC can put a fanless event for them too
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #23 8/23/20 3:33 AM
4-CROWN is unfortunately, definitely cancelled! No WoO on Friday or USAC & All Stars on Saturday.

The big 2 Day ASCoC Sprint show called the, Governor's Cup, will run on Tuesday & Wednesday will culminate with a $50,000 to Win $1500 to start A-Main on Wednesday night.
Tuesday is a standard WoO Type Payout at $10,000 to Win & $800 to start.

I'm sure several WoO Teams, ASCoC Regulars, plus independents like Kyle Larson will no doubt try to cash in on $60,000 over the 2 Day show.

48 Cars Maximum Allowed. NO FANS!

Flo Racing only on the Webcast Only. Sure wish MAV TV would show it LIVE!
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #24 8/23/20 8:00 AM
[QUOTE=treecitytornado;532317]4-CROWN is unfortunately, definitely cancelled! No WoO on Friday or USAC & All Stars on Saturday.

Where did you see it is definitely cancelled?

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #25 8/23/20 8:14 AM
The friday night portion is canceled according to the outlaw schedule.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #26 8/23/20 9:23 AM
the 4 Crown is clearly still on the USAC schedule. let's pray for a miracle. add Kyle Larson to the line up in your divine intervention
2 Likes: dirt330, i love dirt track racing
brsteg (Offline)
  #27 8/24/20 2:25 AM
All*Stars no longer have Eldora listed for that Saturday night. The 4 Crown as we knew it definitely cancelled.
Would they run USAC only divisions in front of no fans on Flo? No idea; maybe.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #28 8/24/20 7:28 AM
Big topic of conversation with me and our gang in the garage yesterday as we took in the 500 and the Hoosier Hundred. We’re hoping for a miracle also but not very optimistic. The Intercontinental Classic which is the substitute for the World 100 is limited to 48 teams. The Governor’s Reign which has been scheduled for the Allstars 4 Crown week is also limited to that number. I wish that was per class but I have to believe it’s total number allowed with no support classes scheduled for either event. Would take some creative thinking to come up with a way to do it. Hopefully they come up with something. We’re still lobbying for a 3 Crown at Terre Haute if Eldora can’t figure something out. Either way I hope definitive decisions come soon so I can figure out if I can do something different with vacation time and maybe go to another race or to that I hadn’t planned on going to
JustAddDirt69 (Offline)
  #29 8/24/20 3:23 PM