Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates
9/15/09, 9:35 PM   #161
Re: that updates
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
No you are not!!! :2: I do the same thing and I suspect most IOW'ers do too. Hope I never quit......
Al,

We better be careful. They might put us all away in a nice quiet room.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/15/09, 10:21 PM   #162
Fisher79

[QUOTE=Dirtfan;135316]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
If I'm Mike King: "That's fine, load your ******* up and don't come back."

I guess its a good thing for all of us that you are not Mike King?
Ha, I guess so!

9/17/09, 3:52 PM   #163
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I haven't commented yet on this thread, so I thought would put in my $.02 worth. The first thing that I couldn't help but notice was the entire area where I normally park being off limits. Don't know for sure what this is all about, but it certainly can't help increase attendance.
The band was terrible, the track preparation was good, the racing wasn't bad, (first heat finish was probably the highlight), and I got out fairly early even though the program started nearly an hour later than the advertised starting time. Also, USAC officials can't seem to enforce their rules consistently. Allowing a car with a flat right rear to restart in the front of the field was not only a violation of the rules, but it was dangerous.

9/17/09, 4:21 PM   #164
terrehautian

From what I have heard, I am guessing the area you normally park is between the two gates?, but that area is going to be VIP parking and camping (unless hospitaliaty takes it) from now on. I heard they are trying to limit car traffic to increase safety.

And yes, the band was terrible.

9/17/09, 4:41 PM   #165
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
From what I have heard, I am guessing the area you normally park is between the two gates?, but that area is going to be VIP parking and camping (unless hospitaliaty takes it) from now on. I heard they are trying to limit car traffic to increase safety.

And yes, the band was terrible.
its sounds like the parking between the gates for safty is a good idea.i also heard you can park there if you have a flat rr.

9/17/09, 6:10 PM   #166
Racer9bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
We've gotten off subject here so this is the last post I'll make on this. i saw rilat's team taking apart their car right before i walked over to the car that was in pieces, which i am telling you was Sweets car! they were one of the first teams to leave and are one of the only teams that wrecked that would have been capable of dismantling the car that fast right after the races with all the guys and equipment they got. i am not mistaken on this one, maybe it was just an anomaly but it was very scary to see. It's also a lot worse then i thought if the car is actually being built in China, are you kidding me? WOW, so this is what it has come to, gotta love free-market capitalism! I wish someone from the team itself or Brad Sweet would get on here and clear things up. Oh well, believe what you want, i guess only time will tell if a car built by some Asian in a sweat shop in China who I guarantee you has no clue as to what he (or she for that matter) is building will stand up to the rigors of sprint car racing. Just remember one thing, ask yourself this, why is it a $1000 cheaper than anything else?

PS, no i don't work for any manufacturer or am impartial to any, we run a 2001 Schuler chassis in our SC car, i also have been aroud racing for 30 years and know a future problem when i see one...

Joe Stroehle

Fact of the matter is that Brad WAS in a Maxim at Osky as he has been all year, & yes a number of welds failed EXCEPT the ones that aren't supose to, the driver compartment.

Derek Sweet (Brads Brother)

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates