IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > erc chassis owner needs help
2/23/16, 7:54 PM   #1
erc chassis owner needs help
tqracer20n

Ok so I recently picked up an 08 erc getting my first look at it tonight and I am already stump. I run a 16 1/2 seat.as I put my seat in the tunnel seemed to keep it from dropping in all the way. I took out the tunnel just to see and my seat Wil go down fine could space it up but I am thinking I will still run into the first problem.

So how are you guys mounting your seats in? Is there a trick?

2/23/16, 9:18 PM   #2
Re: erc chassis owner needs help
xoxide

Pictures? Not sure I completely understand what issue you're having.

If you want to spend some money and do it the absolute best way, go buy yourself a SCI seat mounting kit from kaedingperformance..... Expensive but super safe, and well worth every penny.

Another cheaper option is to have some delrin spacers milled up for the seat, a helpful trick is to do the right side 1/2 inch higher than the left to make the seat tilted- when you enter the corner it will even your seat out and reduce driver fatigue; canting your seat just a tad to the left is also very helpful.

2/23/16, 11:35 PM   #3
Jim Gardner

I had two ERCs and had to forcefully jam my 15 in seat in them. They're pretty narrow cages compared to some of the other frames.

2/24/16, 9:44 AM   #4
dirt40

We have an 07 ERC and nothing bigger than a 14" seat would fit in it unless I really narrow up the chain guard.

2/24/16, 12:38 PM   #5
Bradleyracing86

You may need a different seat, seat manafactures have seats especially made for mini sprints that are squared off in the bottom. VS halo works well.

2/25/16, 8:34 PM   #6
tqracer20n

Actually I have done some mesuring. I can shave a 1/4 inch off my tunnel or chain guard and I can get a 16 down in the chassis. It was 15 3/4 measured for the inside of the frame rail to the chain guard

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > erc chassis owner needs help