IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac schedule enhancements announced
8/11/09, 8:16 PM   #31
Re: Usac schedule enhancements announced
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
The traditional “Hut 100” midget race is being postponed for 2009
Are you ing kidding me? This is the biggest outrage in racing this year.

Drivers and teams that would have raced there, come to the Jacksonville/Spoonriver/LaSalle racing weekend with POWRI.

They won't screw an event up to the point of having to postpone it.

8/11/09, 9:13 PM   #32
hoosierhillbilly

Don...I totally agree. The POWRI guys would have not supported it even if there was not a conflict. I do not blame them though. Terre HAute requires a lot of motor and can tear up cars.

8/11/09, 11:36 PM   #33
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
The United States Auto Club announced today schedule enhancements for both the National Sprint Car Series and Mopar National Midget Series.
If replacing one of the "traditional big events" for midgets with a standard sprint event, and making a big $$ sprint event into a lesser event (SE) is enhancing the schedule, I think a bunch of us need to get out a Funk & Wagnalls to familiarize ourselves with the definition of enhance.
Last edited by Pat O'Connor Fan; 8/12/09 at 4:25 PM.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
8/12/09, 3:21 AM   #34
jdull99

"enhancements" ... someone must be watching too many TV adds during NA$CAR races...

As far as the Hut 100 car count...I hope one day - if the event returns - to take part in the prestigious race. However, I will post, that if there is a ANY midget race at a track less than a 1/2 mile at a location closer to my house, I would most likely take part in that event instead. I wish they would go back to the mid-week date I believe the "Hut" used to be. It would take a fair amount of money for me to get down there and back though too...

8/12/09, 3:52 AM   #35
tjtomthumb

And we all wonder why the World of Outlaws have all the TV coverage and get all the attention,,,,

Why not put all the cars in 1 place, on different weekends, get the media coverage, and hope down the road for the TV coverage to promote our non-wing drivers and attempt to encourage some of the wing racers to consider running non-wing again,, as the MOPAR Million and some other events did.
Last edited by tjtomthumb; 8/12/09 at 3:57 AM.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
8/12/09, 4:04 AM   #36
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtomthumb View Post
And we all wonder why the World of Outlaws have all the TV coverage and get all the attention,,,,

Why not put all the cars in 1 place, on different weekends, get the media coverage, and hope down the road for the TV coverage to promote our non-wing drivers and attempt to encourage some of the wing racers to consider running non-wing again,, as the MOPAR Million and some other events did.
That would make way too much sense . Probally draw too many cars , fans, media coverage.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, reserved1
8/12/09, 7:12 AM   #37
Sprint63122

I am glad to see another non wing sprint date at Terre Haute and well the midget deal I will just say Mr. Moore has that area covered.Now has for having a great event just got back from Osky and another great show there love the format that is the way they should run all of there events.

8/12/09, 8:43 AM   #38
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtomthumb View Post

WoO has to pay big money just to be on TV. And it is an edited tape delayed show - not live most of the time. They are part of World Racing Group, which is substantially bigger that USAC. USAC doesn't have the money for doing that. USAC didn't have to pay for the Thunder shows back in the day. ESPN abandoned USAC, not the other way around. WoO is part of a publically traded conglomerate and are likely about to go belly up. Last I checked, a share of WRGI stock is trading at 1.4 cents a share. And that was after a reverse split a few months ago. They are not healthy, although they put on a happy face.

From a old timer fan's perspective, the last thing I would do is pay $35 for a ticket to a WoO show when I could watch paint dry for free. I'll take USAC and Indiana racing any day over that. JMO.

Lot's of people here are good at pointing out the problems (griping), but few are any good providing serious substantial ideas for solving them, except maybe for Don Moore.:2: Right, Don?

P.S. NASCAR and IndyCar are about the only two racing groups that I know of that do not pay to be on TV.

2 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, SteveD
8/12/09, 8:56 AM   #39
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
WoO has to pay big money just to be on TV. And it is an edited tape delayed show - not live most of the time. They are part of World Racing Group, which is substantially bigger that USAC. USAC doesn't have the money for doing that. USAC didn't have to pay for the Thunder shows back in the day. ESPN abandoned USAC, not the other way around. WoO is part of a publically traded conglomerate and are likely about to go belly up. Last I checked, a share of WRGI stock is trading at 1.4 cents a share. And that was after a reverse split a few months ago. They are not healthy, although they put on a happy face.

From a old timer fan's perspective, the last thing I would do is pay $35 for a ticket to a WoO show when I could watch paint dry for free. I'll take USAC and Indiana racing any day over that. JMO.

Lot's of people here are good at pointing out the problems (griping), but few are any good providing serious substantial ideas for solving them, except maybe for Don Moore.:2: Right, Don?

P.S. NASCAR and IndyCar are about the only two racing groups that I know of that do not pay to be on TV.
NHRA doesn't yet either but the IRL is paying on the Versus though they are making it back on the few advertisements that have been sold.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Seadog
8/12/09, 2:42 PM   #40
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post

I saw an ASCS show on TV the other day, can not remember if it was Versus or Speed. How did they get TV time?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
I am glad to see another non wing sprint date at Terre Haute and well the midget deal I will just say Mr. Moore has that area covered.Now has for having a great event just got back from Osky and another great show there love the format that is the way they should run all of there events.
Why not a Sprint, Midget double header. I would think that teams that have both cars would show up plus the Midgets only teams.

Seems like it would be one heck of a show. Probably all about dollars or people afraid to invest the dollars this year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac schedule enhancements announced