IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers paying for pit pass?
5/23/16, 3:47 PM   #1
Drivers paying for pit pass?
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Why is it that "Race Drivers" pay for pit passes when that are the ones putting on the "SHOW"? They are athletes, entertainers and should not pay to put on the show. No one else in the athletic/show business does. Is that not for the fans to pay for the show they came to watch or the game they came to see. I know we at the SSMS write that in our contract with tracks. I am a firm believer that racers should not pay for pit passes.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

5/23/16, 4:16 PM   #2
LEADERS EDGE

Why limit it to drivers? Shouldn't the crew and owners get in free too? I mean....without them there is no show as well.

3 members like this post: 99racing, Can26, tirespinner
5/23/16, 4:54 PM   #3
Re: Drivers paying for pit pass?
BrentTFunk

Pro golfers do that too

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/23/16, 5:13 PM   #4
xoxide

Every athletic association I've ever been in has required some form of "entry fee".... Even flag football cost $100 per player per season.Paid for a jersey and the rest went towards the usage of the field facilities.....
Last edited by xoxide; 5/23/16 at 5:18 PM.

5/23/16, 5:15 PM   #5
jim goerge

Wayne I see your point, but its been happening seems like forever, and I agree with you but how do you stop it. Some tracks that's only way they could pay the purse and stay afloat as I'm sure you know

3 members like this post: cwfan08, DirtHawk92, kcarm92
5/23/16, 5:38 PM   #6
t_inmyface

Ya. Most local shows would cut pay if they lost all the drivers pit pass money. I would think they would be willing to pay the 25-30 bucks to have a higher purse because i am sure most places would cut more than the 25-30 if the drivers werent paying pit passes. Just look at it as an investment. Hahaha

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge
5/23/16, 6:24 PM   #7
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Every athletic association I've ever been in has required some form of "entry fee".... Even flag football cost $100 per player per season.Paid for a jersey and the rest went towards the usage of the field facilities.....
So you never played high school ball...just peewee....Did you pay to go play the game? Buy a ticket to play?....if a track was buying your fire suit you might could say that... The SSMS has yet to charge an entry fee for it's regular season races nor a membership fee. We do AT TIMES charge a $10 pill draw.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

5/23/16, 7:03 PM   #8
LEADERS EDGE

Do the free pit passes affect the payouts? Does it affect insurance?

1 member likes this post: 99racing
5/23/16, 7:12 PM   #9
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
So you never played high school ball...just peewee....Did you pay to go play the game? Buy a ticket to play?....if a track was buying your fire suit you might could say that... The SSMS has yet to charge an entry fee for it's regular season races nor a membership fee. We do AT TIMES charge a $10 pill draw.
Our local high school has an fee for participation in any sport, choir, band and any other activity (Debate) where the student can earn a "Letter". They also charge spectators admission to attend events.
Last edited by sprntr; 5/23/16 at 7:16 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/23/16, 7:17 PM   #10
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
Many high schools here in Indiana are now "pay to play" for their athletes in all sports. Not saying I agree with the practice (I see it as a deterrent for some athletes that come from poor financial backgrounds or those that want to play multiple sports), but it is becoming a much more common requirement for participation in any form of athletics.

I'm not criticizing the intention of your question or disagreeing with your opinion. Kudos to your group for allowing drivers to participate without paying the additional pit pass fees.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers paying for pit pass?