IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Promoter Coming to Gas City?
12/5/17, 11:27 PM   #41
PushEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
TSS averages about 1min 45 sec to push off their feature.
We bust our buts to get them out as fast as we can. Every track setup is different. Gas City takes longer to push than most tracks.

12/7/17, 12:50 PM   #42
Re: New Promoter Coming to Gas City?
Colin Casserley

I hope it works out, I have been lucky enough to get over to Gas City from England a few times, it's always been a good show.

1/17/18, 4:09 PM   #43
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Talked to his niece on Friday. Nothing has been worked out yet. If he does I hope he gets support, as the last 5 years of weekly shows, not 1 show didn't lose money. Even now he is getting a late start. It will be nice to have a Friday night show I can make after work.
Re-hashing an old thread..... was Jerry Gappens the guy all along, Brent?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/17/18, 4:12 PM   #44
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Can't wait . . . . . . . . . .

5 members like this post: Melmo, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner, Will Shunk
1/17/18, 6:26 PM   #45
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Re-hashing an old thread..... was Jerry Gappens the guy all along, Brent?
Yes. He is a good guy

1/18/18, 4:55 PM   #46
Poorboyjocko

I hope he will explore the open tire rule for at least the first year to get a feel on car count for the sprint cars & midgets. Nothing against Hoosier, they have a good tire. I just think with more cars comes more fans & paying customers.
Keep the pits open to the fans before the race so fans & young children can see there favorite drivers. GC was good at this in the past with a purchase of a 50/50 ticket. Just my opinion.
Phil Poor

1/18/18, 5:11 PM   #47
badcoupe

Montpelier midget rules on fri with some support classes be awesome should be able to get plenty of those guys to run both places since they’re not that far away from each other

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
1/18/18, 5:48 PM   #48
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
Montpelier midget rules on fri with some support classes be awesome should be able to get plenty of those guys to run both places since they’re not that far away from each other
I think the last promoter that ran Gas City weekly tried that. Sprints, midgets, modifieds, and thunder cars. That was the season they shut down early and haven’t ran weekly since. Not that it would be impossible to make it work, but it was attempted before without much success.

1/18/18, 6:13 PM   #49
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I think the last promoter that ran Gas City weekly tried that. Sprints, midgets, modifieds, and thunder cars. That was the season they shut down early and haven’t ran weekly since. Not that it would be impossible to make it work, but it was attempted before without much success.
That was the last time I watched a race at Gas City was on their opening night. I thought it was a bit much for a new endeavour to have 2 push start classes (and time trials too if I remember right) as not every track is as efficient as going to Knoxville for starting a full field of cars. Anyways, that night I got home at 1:30 am,and had been up for work since probably 4 am on Friday. Way to long of a show for a guy thats worked all day,and still has an hr or so drive home after.

1/18/18, 6:22 PM   #50
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Ive been to two or three midget week races at GC and have been home by 2am 3 1/2hrs away each time. That's a sprint and midget show.

I don't get all this Push Start class stuff, Half the time starter classes have a couple that don't start and sit there for a couple minutes until a truck can come. And I've yet to see a sprint or midget lose a chain and cause a yellow.

1 member likes this post: sprinter14
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Promoter Coming to Gas City?