1/16/18, 10:15 AM   #1
Happy birthday aj foyt
Seadog

83 years old today. The greatest ever!

1/16/18, 4:26 PM   #2
Re: Happy birthday aj foyt
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Glad I got to see A.J. in his prime in a variety of race cars! First saw him in person at IRP in 1964 in The Yankee 300, and then began my string at DuQuoin and Indy in 1965. So many memories from those venues and many others including of course the Hoosier Hundred and Indy cars on the IRP road course. Got to witness him win the Atlanta 500 too and several more USAC stock car races. We are so fortunate that he is still with us, especially considering the level of danger prevalent when he began his career. He is the second oldest living former winner of the Indy 500. Only Parnelli Jones (August 12, 1933) surpasses him. Oops! I forgot about Bobby Unser (February 20, 1934). So A.J. ranks as third oldest former winner. Hope to see Super Tex around to celebrate a few more!

1/16/18, 9:50 PM   #3
Kart29

Happy birthday to the king of Houston!

1/17/18, 11:56 AM   #4
EBookerFan

AJ is trying to catch up with me on birthdays only. He has more racing starts, poles.wins in an outstanding career as a driver, mechanic, owner to my zero. May Foyt have many more birthdays for those of us who consider this legend the greatest racing driver of all time.

4 members like this post: bigq11, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, stp6237
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Happy birthday aj foyt