IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson is the greatest driver of all time
6/16/21, 9:27 AM   #21
Re: Kyle Larson is the greatest driver of all time
TommyTipover

There is no such thing as the greatest driver of all time.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, TQ29m
6/16/21, 10:53 AM   #22
Truphy

Where’s the argument of “best equipment” end? I watched a late model race where Larson lapped up to like 6-7 place. Won by like 30 seconds I think. He passed a lot of years of experience and I’m sure the regulars don’t have junk equipment. I just don’t buy the best equipment argument. Put me in the top dollar stuff and I’ll just wreck if faster most likely.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, Ken Bonnema, Rcar
6/16/21, 11:21 AM   #23
sw1911

Last edited by sw1911; 6/16/21 at 11:35 AM.

6/16/21, 12:46 PM   #24
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truphy View Post
Where’s the argument of “best equipment” end?........ Put me in the top dollar stuff and I’ll just wreck if faster most likely.
Another candidate for post of the year. I think a lot of us could wreck top dollar stuff if we were given the chance.

6 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, racenut69, Rcar
6/16/21, 1:17 PM   #25
Rpracing1

DAMN, AND i THOUGHT I WAS THE GREATEST DRIVER OF ALL TIME.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69
6/16/21, 2:46 PM   #26
Eric Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
2nd. You're the 2nd greatest Bob.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, Rpracing1
6/16/21, 6:11 PM   #27
Spi-nex

Strictly speaking as a fan or motorsports, for me, a real difference between Larson and Stewart vs a Foyt/Jones/Andretti is how well documented and the coverage of their careers is.

The old guard had newspaper or magazine articles, being in person to witness and good ole word of mouth to spread the legends of the greats. Of course we have video of the titans during the Indy 500 and other prestigious events, but the sheer comprehensive coverage of Larson from a young age will allow future generations a more accurate comparison when talking about the whose who. The sheer amount of archived first hand accounts that will be preserved for Larson will far outweigh what we have today of Andretti/Jones/Foyt, etc. That alone, people being able to SEE the man in action for generations to come may allow Larson to surpass his peers. After all, seeing is believing right? Talk is just... talk... until you cross AJ anyway

5 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, racenut69, Rcar, sw1911
6/16/21, 6:20 PM   #28
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I’ll give you props for best designated driver of all time.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 6/16/21 at 6:22 PM.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, Rpracing1
6/16/21, 7:21 PM   #29
Sprints fan 11

He is good. Real good but dont think he could beat the King in his hey day so easy. So let just stop that he is the greatest wing racer. We all know who that is. He can win in almost whatever he drives. Would love to see how he would do I a non wing. Why don't he show up for sprint week? I think he is money ahead for getting canned from Ganassi and racing dirt last year and winning. Then to get a good ride at Hendricks which most are not surprised that he is winning.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racenut69
6/16/21, 7:49 PM   #30
DaleDuBois

Larson is just ahead of the other drivers by 2 or 3 years by the way he drives over the way the other best drivers are now. They will catch up in maybe 2 years. When you set in the grandstands and watch a race you will see drivers that will take chance and drivers that just follow. No one wins by following but drivers taking a chance will win races when they figure out what to do in traffic. Some drivers pinch the car going into the corners and loose lots of speed. The fast guys win because they let the car go where it wants to go at long as it stays on the track. Letting a car stay straight in the corners and not all hung out adds speed down the straights. I know this because I won races and placed good with engines with lot less HP than other racers. What you have to do is to have a car that handles good in the corners.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson is the greatest driver of all time