IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson pass dirty on Leary?
8/24/20, 8:33 PM   #21
IndianaSprintFan

I don’t think he’s dirty at all. He just races extremely hard every single lap it seems. I like it mainly because when he gets used up like stated above he doesn’t complain he just moves on.

8/24/20, 9:31 PM   #22
Re: Larson pass dirty on Leary?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I call it Winning!

8/24/20, 10:02 PM   #23
duel

When I witnessed it I thought they were going to maybe crash. Fast racing pass and I give credit to Leary for avoiding it. For the lead at the Hoosier Hundred. Thankful I was there to see it. Great weekend in Indy!

3 members like this post: Adolph, mc/rider, tamati
8/25/20, 6:42 AM   #24
Spi-nex

Anyone happen to have a video clip of said pass for those of us that weren't able to attend?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/25/20, 7:41 AM   #25
Bill Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Anyone happen to have a video clip of said pass for those of us that weren't able to attend?
It's on Flo

8/25/20, 8:01 AM   #26
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Here ya go

https://youtu.be/kHOmFyp4C6c

4 members like this post: interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, Spi-nex
8/25/20, 8:55 AM   #27
opnwhlmnd

As Brad Doty pointed out on Twitter look close at Larson's rear tires during the pass, they are tall and narrow meaning he is still hard on the throttle during the whole pass. If Brad Doty approves it's good enough for me. As I said on another thread here at least Larson didn't scratch his tail tank which was the complaint in the prior Silver Crown race when Cottle passed Leary.

8/25/20, 12:26 PM   #28
chop

To me it was a slide job on the bottom of the track. If you think about it. To do a slide job you start low and drift, cut infront of the car up at the top of the track. He just started high and cut low in front of him at the bottom of the track. If leary was fast. Should he not been able to do the same thing to him at the next corner?

2 members like this post: bighd0522, jim goerge
8/25/20, 12:32 PM   #29
flagboy55

I was with a friend one night after a race at the Action Track and he started talking to CJ. I wasn’t part of the conversation just listened. I came away a bigger fan then I already was, thinking this kid can not only wheel but a cool guy also. Now it seems if things don’t go exactly his way he’s got to say something derogatory. Maybe he feels that way but some things are better left unsaid. I mean if I told my boss everything I was thinking I probably wouldn’t have a job. On the other side aren’t we lucky Kyle Larson made a harmless mistake and the knee jerk overreaction of Ganassi and NASCAR gave us a wonderful gift of what very easily could have been a terrible season.

8/25/20, 1:31 PM   #30
JustAddDirt69

Race Count This Year: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I was with a friend one night after a race at the Action Track and he started talking to CJ. I wasn’t part of the conversation just listened. I came away a bigger fan then I already was, thinking this kid can not only wheel but a cool guy also. Now it seems if things don’t go exactly his way he’s got to say something derogatory. Maybe he feels that way but some things are better left unsaid. I mean if I told my boss everything I was thinking I probably wouldn’t have a job. On the other side aren’t we lucky Kyle Larson made a harmless mistake and the knee jerk overreaction of Ganassi and NASCAR gave us a wonderful gift of what very easily could have been a terrible season.
For at least awhile anyways...hearing Kyle is asking NASCAR to be reinstated and that Stewart would sign him if reinstated....Haven't seen or read anything "official" but man I'd hate to loose him back to NA$CAR.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson pass dirty on Leary?