IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Questions about Lawrenceburg/Winchester October 3 & 4 Weekend
8/12/09, 4:23 PM   #1
Questions about Lawrenceburg/Winchester October 3 & 4 Weekend
ModernDayCowboyFan92

It looks like if you go to Winchesters website that the USAC midget race wouldnt start until 5 on saturday. This would not allow fans or drivers to make both events, if they were planning on going to the 10,000 to win MSCS race at Lawrenceburg race saturday night. Wouldnt it make more since to run both sprints and midgets on sunday at Winchester? Whats everyones thoughts on this?

8/12/09, 4:53 PM   #2
Re: Questions about Lawrenceburg/Winchester October 3 & 4 Weekend
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

It would make more since They would get a better turnout at both, fans and drivers I don't know way they do this stuff Let L-Burg have friday and saturday then everyone could go to Winchester sunday. It would be better for everbody. More fans, drivers, and money for the race tracks but what do I know I'm just a race fan making it one beer and one lap at a time

1 member likes this post: berks co
8/12/09, 7:12 PM   #3
Sandy Lowe

Lets just suppose that Winchester did move the midget race to Sunday and run it as a doubleheader with the sprints. Would anyone pay $40 for a grandstand ticket?

1 member likes this post: Fred Zirzow
8/12/09, 7:24 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

They did this last year with the Hut 100 and had 20 cars.
Midget race for 4000 or Sprint race for 10000, My guess is if your a sprint/midget driver and not in USAC's top five you'll make the wise decision

8/12/09, 8:56 PM   #5
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Lets just suppose that Winchester did move the midget race to Sunday and run it as a doubleheader with the sprints. Would anyone pay $40 for a grandstand ticket?
Sandy! Sandy! Sandy!! You are trying to make sense to race fans

8/12/09, 8:56 PM   #6
chrismattlin

I plan on going to both L-Burg shows for sure. I probably would not go to Winchester on Sunday if it were a stand alone event. However, if it were a sprint/midget doubleheader, it would be a "can't miss" event- I'd have to go; but no, $40 is too much.

Actually, I can't believe any promoter charges the same amount to get into a midget race as they do a sprint car race. If any promoter does, I think he should pay the midgets $4500 to win too! I'm pretty sure that's what a sprint feature pays?!

Anyone else agree at all?

I think $30-35(max) would be a fair price for a doubleheader at Winchester.
or anywhere really.
Last edited by chrismattlin; 8/12/09 at 8:58 PM.

8/12/09, 9:47 PM   #7
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
According to the Salem Speedway web-site, general admission for the James/O'Connor sprint/midget double dip is 20 bucks. Why would the Winchester ticket be double that??

BTW, that is for advanced general admission sales. Reserved seats are 5 bucks more.
Last edited by FishBurger; 8/12/09 at 9:54 PM. Reason: Added Info:

8/12/09, 9:56 PM   #8
Sandy Lowe

Per the Winchester website the grandstand admission for the midget race on Saturday night is $20. The admission for the sprint race on Sunday is another $20. So if you want to watch both divisions at Winchester (over 2 days) it will cost you a total of $40.

8/12/09, 10:01 PM   #9
duel

i don't mind enjoying Winchester for old timers for a 2 day show. saturday is a usac show at Winchester and i'm not sure everyone can always be on the same page when putting together schedules for a whole year. it is what it is. makes more sense to me to run 2 separate shows at Winchester. $$

8/12/09, 10:21 PM   #10
FishBurger

I'm old and easily confused, but the point of my previous post was to point out that Salem could run a sprint/midget doubler (sprint feature there is 50 laps BTW) in one day and charge $20.00 per ducat. Why then would a one day event for the two divisons require a charge of twice that (per Sandy's hypothetical in her post)? I'm not questioning why it is a two day deal. duel explained that quite well, the answer being "$$". And that, I would guess, was the point of Sandy's post.

Doable if you live fairly close and there are no conflicts. But, I'd be looking at not only twice the price for a seat, but double gas for the up and back, up and back (or a motel room for a night) not to mention food. I'm a growing boy on a fixed income.

I'll be staying local for Friday and Saturday shows at the 'Burg, then hike up to Winchester for the sprint racing on Sunday. Hope you/we all have great weather and racing wherever you go.
Last edited by FishBurger; 8/12/09 at 10:30 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Questions about Lawrenceburg/Winchester October 3 & 4 Weekend