IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sweet Sprints Midgets co-sanctioned by USAC and POWRi?
12/15/18, 11:21 AM   #1
Sweet Sprints Midgets co-sanctioned by USAC and POWRi?
Jonr

When the POWRi schedule was announced, I noticed that the July 14 race at Sweet Springs appears to be co sanctioned by both USAC and POWRi. The race this year will once again be on a Sunday. It is the 5th show in a 6 day Heartland tour for the USAC midgets. It is also the 3rd show in a POWRi triple header in the Kansas City area. The schedules were similar last year, but it was not a POWRi race.

The show last year was sanctioned by USAC but a lot of the POWRi cars made the show because they had just completed a two day show in Kansas City.

The show last year was very good, and it was the largest crowd the track has ever seen. It is amazing that this little track has a co-sanctioned race.

4 members like this post: interpreter66, oldfan49, tirespinner, TNRustler
12/15/18, 2:52 PM   #2
Re: Sweet Sprints Midgets co-sanctioned by USAC and POWRi?
Kansasdirtfan

I like the co-sanction, but I don't like that the two previous days are split between USAC at Fairbury and POWRi at Grain Valley. I guess I shouldn't complain; for a change I have 2 options within a 3 1/2 hour drive. Still, if they can get together for one, shouldn't they be able to get together for 2 more (4 1/2 hours apart), rather than splitting their audience? Or do I need to just say "Thank You" to both sanctions and move on? Yeah, that's what I'll do. Thank you USAC and POWRi for bringing great midget racing within striking distance of those of us in the flyover states. We do appreciate it.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/15/18, 3:23 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I get two midget races within two hours of home in a years time and people are complaining about two many?
Thats if one or both don't get rained out.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
12/15/18, 5:13 PM   #4
revjimk

Slight digression: Check out the guy with lots of old cars for sale just off I-70 in Sweet Springs. I stop twice every year to look at his stuff, but can never afford anything....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sweet Sprints Midgets co-sanctioned by USAC and POWRi?