IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Junior knepper 55 usac midget results
12/17/18, 10:36 AM   #11
Re: Usac: Junior knepper 55 usac midget results
hilly

Race Count This Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I did the PPV and thought it was a excelllent show, As always at Duquoin. One thin glaringly obvious with the non points thing was the absence of KKR.
Maybe I missed it, but why was KKR absent?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/17/18, 12:20 PM   #12
racenut69

Bell said they were getting ready for the Chili Bowl,that's why he had to drive for Boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilly View Post

2 members like this post: hilly, jim goerge
12/17/18, 12:28 PM   #13
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilly View Post
I believe it's assumed they're busy prepping their stable for the Chili Bowl - I've heard 10 or 11 cars.

5 members like this post: hilly, ISF, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69
12/17/18, 2:31 PM   #14
chathamracefan

As to the comment about a berm at the dome, I wonder if that kind of berm would work with the bigger cars or if the bigger cars would just tear it up.

It seems at the dome, the answer might be some kind of rumble strips or something along the inside that you don't want to run over but could go over it to get out of a crash or avoid a spinning car. Lots of the yellows were caused by a guy spinning down low & the followers had nowhere to go but into him. Of course, it would need to be something that wouldn't cause every midget that clipped it to go for a big flip.

12/17/18, 6:17 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I did the PPV and thought it was a excelllent show, As always at Duquoin. One thin glaringly obvious with the non points thing was the absence of KKR.
Your right it was a very good race. With 73 cars I didn't notice anyone wasn't there. I thought McKenna Haase ran pretty good in a Boat car. Made the feature and with quality and quantity of field, making the show was an accomplishment. A couple of guys ran her pretty hard, and she was not intimidated. At least she didn't show it. There has to big difference in running a wing car on a big fast half mile like Knoxville, compared to an indoor midget. People say its always wingless drivers that are always going to wings. Here is a wing racer looking forward other opportunities.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 12/18/18 at 7:55 AM.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, skids59
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Junior knepper 55 usac midget results