IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KO in #56? ...looking for sponsorship...
1/13/10, 4:12 AM   #11
Re: KO in #56? ...looking for sponsorship...
jdull99

Thanks Drew. Cause of a champion driver who called at 12:30 Tuesday AM, we loaded up and came down. Still pretty far in the hole. Cost $370 in gas to get down! Your $50 would be much appreciated. Thank-you.

1/13/10, 10:40 AM   #12
Crankin

Jason,
I have never met you, but you seem to be a pretty sincere guy, and have always been a big supporter of the sport as a whole!
We are also big fans of "old school", so helping get K.O. in the building, is alright by us.... Open face helmet, and all!!!
K.O. came down and did our show one year, and as always, was a lot of fun. So we at least owe him this much (plus intersest on an un-paid shoe lace/(string) repair)

Please put the Indy Circle Track Expo 10 down for $100.

Of course we'll be expecting full signage on both cars and trailers. 3 fully staffed show cars for sitting in front of Walmarts around the country. 27 personal appearances throughout the Summer. Suite tickets to all races you'll be attending, with VIP parking. Helicopter rides in and out of at least 5 races through year. Airplane banners flying around all major races, and the Super Bowl. At least 3 interviews through the year on Wind Tunnel. Weekly appearances on the Racin' W/D.O. show. And finally: Never, ever do, or say anything that you truly feel, or that could spark even the slightest bit of controversy. We do not want to see one ounce of raw emotion.... I AM LOOKING AT YOU MR. OLSON!!!! If you have any trouble understanding that last part, call me, and I'll get you the phone # to the Jimmie Johnson Puppeteers. They're the best in th business!

Good luck to you both, and more importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Crankin; 1/13/10 at 11:07 AM.

1 member likes this post:
1/14/10, 4:34 AM   #13
jdull99

Thanks Drew! Nice to meet you today.

Indy Circle Track Expo 10; will you be at the track?

1/14/10, 7:25 AM   #14
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
For sometime he has worked on the IRL radio broadcast team...usually busy on the weekends...
The league has really cut down their employees during this recession. The radio crew was hit very hard, not to mention the grounds crew at the track and personel in general.

1/14/10, 10:22 AM   #15
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Thanks Drew! Indy Circle Track Expo 10; will you be at the track?
Hey yeah no problem, your welcome too.
Seems to me that someone looking for sponsorship help on here, might have checked their private messages?? Guess we'll have to add more Helicopter rides to the deal...
Last edited by Crankin; 1/14/10 at 10:25 AM.

1/15/10, 4:37 AM   #16
jdull99

Thanks again to all the fans and organizations that have assisted with our Tulsa effort so far. We hope to represent your support well tonight. A little lump comes to my throat (not from my sinus issues, but emotional) every time a donation is made. We really appreciate every contribution to this deal. Many of those in attendance have offered how glad they are to see KO is running. I hope my preparation/maintenance schedule/set-up/etc. lives up to the expectations...intend to be back at the track shortly after the doors open...

Have read my PMs now...lol...Thanks...Not the best www connection at the "lower dollar" motel...Have spent most of the week at the track in our pit area...

...our pit happens to be located across from "underdog story of the year" Tony Roney and family...their 2nd place result Thursday night is the kind of inspiration our team needs! Hope the #56 is ok for KO!!!!!!!!
Last edited by jdull99; 1/15/10 at 6:23 AM.

1/15/10, 7:51 PM   #17
darnall

Give em hell jason & K.O.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
1/16/10, 1:09 PM   #18
Crankin

G-MAIN?! Geeee MAIN!!!???? Completely unacceptable!!! Were paying you to get results man, not the G-Main!!
You need to fire the Chief Mechanic! Go out an get one of those Kunz guys. Or maybe even that guy Wilke??! Yeah Wilke! I don't care if he works for a life long family operation, pay him whatever he wants... And just make sure to take it out of YOUR budget.

We expect to see some results! If not, then after tonight, this high dollar Indy Circle Track Expo 10 (which btw is just 2 weeks away at the Indiana State Fairgrounds) sponsorship, just might be over!!

:2:

1/17/10, 5:44 PM   #19
jdull99

After about an hour detour through Oklahoma "no-where" in the middle of the night, searching for ever precious petroleum for the starving big block powered tow rig (funny order of events to be posted later), the #56 Shakers Sports Bar (more assoc. sponsors and contributors to list later) JAMR Gaerte Stealth made it's safe return home 12 hours after departing Tulsa (taking in the KO experience, selling parts and T-shirts until the end). Although I should have set the car up to achieve better results, nothing fell off the car or leaked and the JAMR Gaerte ran well. It was neat to meet a lot of very nice people (including the TRRs). I have many to thank, updates to put on my website (with a lot of "JD" comments), and then share some of the good stories (not to mention looking at the car and figuring out 2010 plans)! All-in-all, in the end, I think we avoided a $10 toll; with our above mentioned off-HWY excursion!

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

1/18/10, 4:51 PM   #20
jdull99

To each and every individual, along with the various business groups that supported our 2010 Chili Bowl, please consider this a personal thank-you for your donation/sponsorship/assistance. While I do believe that I recall each and every person who stopped by with support; the front-end repair procedure got hectic Friday and I would feel horrible accidentally omitting even one name from any posting.

Please be assured that all financial compensation provided WILL go directly toward the expenses of getting the #56D down there and back. Crewmember Justin and I were two of the last to leave the building every night (more of a "business trip" for me...another year without a beer). However, I do apologize for not making the necessary chassis changes to allow for a better run. The track was not where we thought it would be in that G-main Saturday. I should have known to overrule some of the items we had come to a consensus on and took my own initive to make aggressive adjustments; allowing KO to get all he could out of the old car.

Hopefully, he will have a chance to redeem himself with a better ride in 2011. Meanwhile I will take what we learned with our team, and plan to enter a #56D in 2011. Having moved up in the heat Friday, we were poised for a very respectable result in the 3rd Qualifying race (as Kevin had avoided an early pile-up), before getting caught up in a turn four stack of cars (please let me know if anyone has video)!

Thank-you so much. Everyone who responded, in various methods, played a major part in this experience! See you at the races.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KO in #56? ...looking for sponsorship...