IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Simon_says17 (Offline)
  #11 8/29/18 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
Windom has non-wing experience on the new configuration of Granite.
Yeah I think that's right, in the 11 car maybe? IIRC there was a non-sanctioned non-wing race there shortly after the new track was put in.
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #12 8/29/18 2:28 PM
Think it was his first stint in the Baldwin car. He dumped it hard coming off turn two during the non-wing part of the Gold Crown.

Think they also ran a non-wing Illinois Sprint Week show right after the new track opened that Windom may have ran the 11 car. I'll ask him and let you know the answer.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
miledirt (Offline)
  #13 8/29/18 3:25 PM
Right now, forecast looking really good
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #14 8/29/18 4:01 PM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
Right now, forecast looking really good
Saturday looks good as well.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, wildman92
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #15 8/29/18 5:42 PM
I thought Windom won there in the Walker car. Hope you guys have fun. I have to work until 5 on Saturday. I miss Granite City. Gold Crown was my favorite race of the year. Great track and nice people.
8 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, racenut69, Simon_says17
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #16 8/29/18 8:02 PM
Looked like both tracks got a bunch of water today. My only worry is car count but you never know. Anyone know if any non-USAC cars are running?
oppweld (Offline)
  #17 8/29/18 10:25 PM
I'd guess 23 to 27 cars.
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #18 8/29/18 10:29 PM
Coleman Gulick has won on the new track reconfiguration at Granite city and Clayton and Darland have also raced there. Would still prefer to watching this one on the ole 1/2 mile though liked it when the SCRA rolled thru the southern Illinois tracks.
2 Likes: caribbean, oppweld
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #19 8/31/18 8:51 AM
I just hope that they can get Tri City raceable tonight. It was quite rough for last night's program, as a number of late models snap rolled after catching ruts.

On the bright side, with a forecast high of 88, hopefully some of that softness of the dirt brought on my Wednesday morning's heavy rain will abate.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
4 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, wildman92
Simon_says17 (Offline)
  #20 8/31/18 10:26 AM
Bacon tweeted out he's pulling double duty tonight, hell yeah.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, wildman92