IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint cars to return to lucas oil raceway in 2020
11/24/19, 12:38 AM   #11
flagboy55

PJ you’re right on. The disdain for wings on here drives me crazy. I most certainly prefer non wing but I love sprint cars regardless. I will say though that brsteg is not all together wrong about pavement sprints and wings. I’ll be the first to say the speed is breathtaking, however what I’ve seen of racing, only a couple in person, it leaves a lot to be desired. If the track I went to wasn’t so close I would take a pass. Nothing against those who see it differently, but for me pavement sprints should be exclusively wingless

5 members like this post: duel, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, Racer12
11/24/19, 1:09 PM   #12
Re: Sprint cars to return to lucas oil raceway in 2020
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Ive been to several pavement wing races over the years. I dont chase em but Ive enjoyed the ones Ive attended.My beef is with the wing.Dump the dirt wing and come up with a configuration. designed for pavement.Less slab sided and less boxy maybe lower.Im thinking side forces dont matter as much on pavement.Im typing wickerbill for no reason,I just like the word

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
11/24/19, 3:11 PM   #13
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

combine them with super-modifeds and run open tires. the fans might i say might show up

4 members like this post: jdull99, luckybuc97, nathans1012, Racer12
11/24/19, 3:14 PM   #14
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Can't we all just get along??

11/24/19, 3:16 PM   #15
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

oh, anyone that uses an open face helmet can by-pass the scales

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Bostonian, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99
11/25/19, 7:41 PM   #16
Pavement Dave

I love all sprint car racing and it really is getting old hearing some people so narrow minded they don't even give wing racing a chance. But the common thing among these fans that hate wing races so bad is they are all nearly 70 years or older. On the flipside the more open minded fans tend to be younger. With that being said, its great to know future generations of sprint car racing are more open minded and will give the sport we love so much confidence in knowing that it will be around for a long time whether its winged, non-winged, dirt, or pavement. Its still sprint car racing...…….

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Puppy
11/25/19, 8:22 PM   #17
diversified

Dirt or pavement, wing or non wing, sprint cars and the folks that race them are just BAD A**!!!
Dave, thanks for keeping the fires burning for pavement racing, there's some great stuff going on right now between the non-wing pavement races at Anderson including the Little 500, the Auto Value non wing shows, USAC Silver Crown and the Must See winged shows...let's support and enjoy it while we can!

11/25/19, 10:35 PM   #18
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversified View Post
Dirt or pavement, wing or non wing, sprint cars and the folks that race them are just BAD A**!!!
Dave, thanks for keeping the fires burning for pavement racing, there's some great stuff going on right now between the non-wing pavement races at Anderson including the Little 500, the Auto Value non wing shows, USAC Silver Crown and the Must See winged shows...let's support and enjoy it while we can!
amen!

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, rick42
12/12/19, 4:24 AM   #19
jdull99

IT'S NON-WING!!! EVEYONE CAN GO NOW!!! (LOL) - THIS WAS WHAT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT RIGHT? -

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...d-race-at-lor/
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5 members like this post: erich45, rick42, ROSCO, Sprint8586, Tony74
12/12/19, 7:39 PM   #20
captrat

Of course I am serious. The use of the word hate in our culture has become so overused it is pathetic. I may dislike a food, neighbor, a certain dog or any number of things but that is nor equivalent to hating any of them. Go to the library pickup a dictionary and a thesaurus.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint cars to return to lucas oil raceway in 2020