IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter To Promoters and PA Announcers
8/10/19, 1:00 PM   #21
Re: An Open Letter To Promoters and PA Announcers
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Good example during a red flag condition at Bloomington last night.Not a word was uttered about the line up until the cars refired. On the other hand their video screen for advertising is great,not cluttered up with finishing orders of qualifying or heat races
Don't know if it was the speakers just in the aluminum grandstand or all over but we could barely hear Pat Sullivan the entire evening. That might be an improvement that management can add to their list for the near future. Would greatly appreciate it.

Bruce Eckel

1 member likes this post: oppweld
8/10/19, 4:00 PM   #22
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
If someone wanted to know what IOW has become, I’d send them this thread.

No offense meant, but the word grumpy comes to mind.
Or you could send them the "Congratulations Tyler" or "Congratulations Brandon" thread to show them that IOW is STILL the best forum in racing.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

8/11/19, 10:33 PM   #23
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Went to 2 races this weekend.

I have to admit, I stood up. People in front of me stood up too. I missed a few parts of the action and I’m sure I obstructed the view of those behind me.

But, you know why we stood up....Because we enjoyed the action on the track !!!!!

We didn’t whine and we certainly didn’t complain on IOW afterwards.

8/11/19, 10:44 PM   #24
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
Went to 2 races this weekend.

I have to admit, I stood up. People in front of me stood up too. I missed a few parts of the action and I’m sure I obstructed the view of those behind me.

But, you know why we stood up....Because we enjoyed the action on the track !!!!!

We didn’t whine and we certainly didn’t complain on IOW afterwards.
Why is critiquing self-centered behavior considered complaining?

8/12/19, 12:11 PM   #25
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I attended a race this past weekend in Western PA. a few fans stood at the start of the big race, I didn't because there was a couple ladies behind me. Before lap two was completed everyone was back in their seat. The rest of the 150 lap race when people stood under caution as soon as the lights went out on the pace truck everyone was back in their seat. It was a big crowd and well mannered too.

4 members like this post: erich45, OnTheHammer, oppweld, PJ Wright
8/12/19, 6:05 PM   #26
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
we could barely hear Pat Sullivan the entire evening. That might be an improvement that management can add to their list for the near future. Would greatly appreciate it.

Bruce Eckel
If you’re referring to not hearing Pat Sullivan for the entire evening as an improvement, I’m leaning that way. While I appreciate Mr. Sullivan’s extensive knowledge of the history of Motorsports, and especially open wheel racing, in my opinion he can be a bit “over the top” on occasion. And screaming into the mic only distorts the sound to the point of being unintelligible. Tune in to the PAS and take a lesson from Scott Deloisio. JMO

7 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bigq11, dkdorkboy, erich45, ISF, oppweld, PIT CART
8/13/19, 2:15 PM   #27
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
If you’re referring to not hearing Pat Sullivan for the entire evening as an improvement, I’m leaning that way. While I appreciate Mr. Sullivan’s extensive knowledge of the history of Motorsports, and especially open wheel racing, in my opinion he can be a bit “over the top” on occasion. And screaming into the mic only distorts the sound to the point of being unintelligible. Tune in to the PAS and take a lesson from Scott Deloisio. JMO
Wasn't referring to Pat Sullivan in my response. What I was referring to was the fact that you couldn't hear the public address system very well all night long even during down times. Need to increase the power on the system or something so people can hear the lineups and so forth.

Bruce Eckel

8/13/19, 11:06 PM   #28
ajb6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
There are several things at the Bloomington Speedway that need to be addressed and upgraded. Our PA system is definitely on that list. One thing that does not need to be changed is our announcer, Pat Sullivan. Most tracks would love to have a Hall of Fame announcer in the booth. We're lucky enough to have one in Pat. Pat and Brad Dickison (when his schedule allows) are a huge part of the Bloomington Speedway and have been for a long time. So, I hope you will support our track and watch for continued improvements as we move forward. But, I can assure you that Pat Sullivan will continue to be there behind the microphone for us. And, we're honored to have him.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter To Promoters and PA Announcers