IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #21 4/12/19 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by 7horse:
Why did Courtney get the hard charger and not Darland?
Because if they both moved up the same number of positions the one who finishes better gets the award. Seems fair to me since the cars he was passing would usually be faster and harder to pass than the ones the guy who finished lower had to pass. Make sense?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, davidm, jim goerge, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #22 4/12/19 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by 7horse:
Why did Courtney get the hard charger and not Darland?
Just a guess on my part. They both passed the same amount of cars, so the highest finisher got it.
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge
7horse (Offline)
  #23 4/13/19 12:01 AM
Seems like 21 to 15 is passing more cars than 9 to 4 🤔
2 Likes: bighd0522, hoosierboy3
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #24 4/13/19 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
We highly recommend the food truck. The quesadillas were awesome. And ice cream from the Chocolate Moose was a nice surprise. ☺️
I wanted to try it. Unmarked food trucks sometimes concern me. I will hit em up next time.

Good race. Seen better though. Track rubbered up quickly at start of feature. Not a whole lot of passing. You get that sometimes at B-Ton though. New bleachers sit well and offer better view than old death traps that they replaced. Do believe that they lost some hillside vantage points due to new seats. Take bad with the good I guess.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, mc/rider, tirespinner
fourteen fan (Offline)
  #25 4/13/19 8:01 AM
Are more cars being built? 25 cars does not look good for the future.
wildman92 (Offline)
  #26 4/13/19 8:34 AM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Where was this located? At the bottom of the hill front entrance? I’d like to check it out next time I’m there. We always park in the back around turn 4.

Thanks
It was behind the scoring tower by what used to be the beer stand. Looked like he had a line all night. He didn’t have any help last night so it took a little longer than normal. It was good though and something different.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner
TQ29m (Offline)
  #27 4/13/19 12:05 PM
Would more rope, or new rope help? Jen, that wasn't for you, that was for the 2 before you, wondering as usual about car count! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #28 4/13/19 12:45 PM
New aluminum grandstands in themselves are a great improvement. Overall though having them raised took away a heck of a lot of the hill viewing and that is what I think made Bloomington different and special, not to mention the asphalt seating behind the main stand. New stands took away about half of lower turn one hill seating (obstructed viewing in many spots) and stands to left of main grandstands are about half useful. All of the lower upper hill area is now useless for viewing and I don't know what they are going to do for seating come Indiana midget and sprint weeks. I do believe there are going to be many disgruntled fans. Don't know if the main stand could be lowered some but that might help. Not trying to be negative but just stating the facts as I see them or don't see them.

Bruce Eckel
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, racefan20, Rpracing1
fourteen fan (Offline)
  #29 4/13/19 1:03 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Would more rope, or new rope help? Jen, that wasn't for you, that was for the 2 before you, wondering as usual about car count! Bob
I guess your adderessing me. I will take the old rope.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #30 4/13/19 2:56 PM
So why didn't DD get the hard charger?

Charles Nungester