IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > '82 Stanton sprint car
8/13/14, 9:31 AM   #1
'82 Stanton sprint car
AlaskaIndy

Moving on to another project. 1982 Stanton roller. I've done quite a bit of the clean up work on it already. All brand new grade 8 hardware, polished up a lot of the aluminum, winters rear, slider/torque tube complete, pro shocks, FBI tank and bladder complete with top and bottom plates. The bladder is in amazing shape. I honestly was expecting the bladder to be all hardened up and dried out but it's just a little dirty, it has 1982 USAC spec printed on it. IH spindles with knock off style hubs. Nichols bros. steering gear missing main shaft and deadtube. KSE front cover and water pump. Short back seat that has seen better days but is salvagable. Brake pedal, LF JFZ caliper and Wilwood rear caliper. All motor plates. Front and rear bumper but the rear bumper is beyond repair, I kept it for a pattern. Hoosier RR, American Racer LR, McCreary LF and Goodyear RF. Both rear wheels have beadlocks, fronts do not. 2 extra six pin front wheels. Frame needs blasting and powder coat. RF shock tower was repaired at some point in its life and should be done again in my opinion to make it right. Does not have a hood, nerfs or side panels. I did not get any history on it. It's out of Pennsylvania. It's a really neat older car and a really big head start on a vintage project, my pockets just aren't deep enough to do it right. I'm in Brownsburg. I can send pics on request. First $1000 cash can roll it on their trailer and take it home. I'm losing money at that price but I need it gone. You can PM me on here or email at bretmjohnson@hotmail.com. Thanks.

8/17/14, 2:03 PM   #2
AlaskaIndy

Sold. Thanks for all of the interest.

9/25/14, 8:12 AM   #3
AJS27

Do you still have the Stanton?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > '82 Stanton sprint car