IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fri Aug 18 Lincoln Speedway POWRi WAR NW Sprints & DII Mdgts
8/18/17, 10:58 AM   #11
Re: Fri Aug 18 Lincoln Speedway POWRi WAR NW Sprints & DII M
TEI PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
What is the cooler policy?
No coolers in the grandstands

8/18/17, 7:52 PM   #12
addictedtodirt

Still made the 3hr haul in spite of no cooler. 27 sprints! Tenderloin was good. Heats about to begin after a little track prep.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/18/17, 8:28 PM   #13
addictedtodirt

Simon, Clouse, and Mattox are heat winners.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, tirespinner
8/18/17, 9:39 PM   #14
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEI PR View Post
BE THE FIRST FAMILY FOR THIS FRIDAY'S "Night Before The State Fair Race" featuring the 410's of the POWRi WAR Sprints + 3 other classes. It's the kickoff to a huge racing weekend in Central Illinois.

LIKE & COMMENT on the Facebook post at https://www.facebook.com/LincolnILSp...type=3&theater (Look for the pic below) for your chance to be the Lincoln Speedway First Family. Don't forget to SHARE as well to help spread the word. Winner will receive a four pack of tickets to this Friday's event. The lucky winner will be announced Thursday night!

The image of Abe Lincoln on the Lincoln promo poster seems kind of odd. I wonder if Abe would've been a race fan, had he lived today? I think he might have been something of a badass, had he been a driver. For one, given modern food and nutrition, he might have reached 6'2 or 6'3". And just imagine Abe walking thru the pits, in a black firesuit, with that beard, and the stovepipe hat on? I can just hear a race announcer now: Now pushing off in the #16 Ford powered Maxim chassis, out of Springfield, Illinois, it's the Railsplitter, Abe Lincoln.

Or perhaps he would have been more of a crew chief, or car builder. He did invent and patent a device for lifting riverboats over sandbars. Had he come along in our day, Abe might've come up with some crazy new race suspension.

And Abe did seem to prefer Speed. I mean, he fired General George McCleland for "having a case of the slows."

At any rate, I am looking forward to four score and twenty laps tomorrow. (Or would that actually be five score?)

1 member likes this post: jdull99
8/18/17, 10:23 PM   #15
Re: Fri Aug 18 Lincoln Speedway POWRi WAR NW Sprints & DII M
Pat O'Connor Fan

Darland wins

8/19/17, 8:44 AM   #16
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Great racing last night! This is becoming my favorite 1/4 mile!! Without a lot of banking, the cars are really on edge here...something Indiana doesn't have anymore since they banked Kokomo. It's always prepped really well, I've never gotten dust on me there and 27 sprints out draws most Indiana tracks. I've noticed the Illinois guys seem to have caught on to setting up there cars for non-wing as they appear to be more stable and raceable. They put on a great show! Only 8 mods and 8 latemodels didn't hold things up at all, I was out of there by 9:30 and that was after a lot of sprint car "action"
Last edited by ThrowbackRacingTeam; 8/19/17 at 8:46 AM.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, flagboy55, illinifan, Steve Wendel, Tripp22
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fri Aug 18 Lincoln Speedway POWRi WAR NW Sprints & DII Mdgts