IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
revjimk (Offline)
  #1 3/15/24 1:29 AM
Did anyone else catch Kevin Olson's collection on American Pickers? His kids are letting go of some of his stuff.. pretty interesting
And they're keeping a lot too
13 Likes: 2fast4u, BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, Midget98, nathans1012, oppweld, progressive22, rapid robert, ronmil, tirespinner
kb78 (Offline)
  #2 3/15/24 7:03 AM
I went to watch it and found that I was a victim of modern streaming platforms, I do not have that channel, I will find it somewhere soon.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 3/15/24 9:07 AM
Yes, I happened on to it on my Dish,lots of things, guess he was saving it for the kids ,brought back memories, good ones from the good days, had a neighbor kid who bought a new Vincent motorcycle about 1974,nice but noisy, he was a big kid and could handle it, ran karts in his home state back in the day, can't imagine how people collected all their stuff ,guess I must have had my mind to the grindstone

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
ronmil (Online)
  #4 3/15/24 11:13 AM
I have quit watching pickers, but I saw the episode was about a famous race card driver, so I watched.
Very interesting. Quite a collection.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: oppweld, PIT CART
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #5 3/15/24 11:38 AM
One of his helmets had his blood type on the back. Was that common back then for racers to do?

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
CRA91 (Offline)
  #6 3/15/24 12:24 PM
Yes back in the day a lot of drivers would have it on their helmet and uniform.

Terry James Jr.
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, racenut69, TQ29m
TQ29m (Offline)
  #7 3/15/24 1:35 PM
If I remember correctly, Mike bought a hat for a hundred and a Hinchman dirt track suit for five hundred, and offered 40k for the Vincent motorcycle, and 28 hundred for the Kawasaki, but was declined on both, I have some Hinchman dirt track suits from that era, I might part with! Lol

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
5 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, RACERACER22@YAHOO.CO
jdull99 (Offline)
  #8 3/15/24 6:33 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
If I remember correctly, Mike bought a hat for a hundred and a Hinchman dirt track suit for five hundred, and offered 40k for the Vincent motorcycle, and 28 hundred for the Kawasaki, but was declined on both, I have some Hinchman dirt track suits from that era, I might part with! Lol
30 on the vincent and I gathered the Kaw sold...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Frank Reiner (Offline)
  #9 3/15/24 8:39 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Yes, I happened on to it on my Dish,lots of things, guess he was saving it for the kids ,brought back memories, good ones from the good days, had a neighbor kid who bought a new Vincent motorcycle about 1974,nice but noisy, he was a big kid and could handle it, ran karts in his home state back in the day, can't imagine how people collected all their stuff ,guess I must have had my mind to the grindstone
The last motorcycle produced by Vincent was in 1955.
2 Likes: luckybuc97, racenut69