IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #1 12/9/22 3:50 PM
I usually post on the anniversary of the midget race in the Pontiac Silverdome. I’m a few days late, but it’s always fun to hear from other fans that were there.

Ron Miller
3 Likes: LUCKYONE, oppweld, tirespinner
JackSam40 (Offline)
  #2 12/9/22 5:37 PM
Was there with 5 or 6 friends. Drove up and back from Indy when I still lived there. We sat up in the upper level, and couldn't see that well. In my 80s now so I don't remember a lot about it. I do think we got pretty cold up there and the fumes were bad.
2 Likes: oppweld, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #3 12/9/22 9:14 PM
Is this the one they thought it was gona be on dirt and then the dirt was frozen so they ran as pavement?

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
HDbill (Offline)
  #4 12/9/22 9:57 PM
one of the dates that is exactly what happened. And Nokie Forbore drove Jimmy Reiders VW from the back passing on the outside to finsh 2nd. He was virtually the only car passing because everyone was playing follow the leader on the bottom praying for the car in front of them to make a mistake. the fans there loved it; including the promoter that payed Nokia the same as the winner.
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 12/9/22 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Is this the one they thought it was gona be on dirt and then the dirt was frozen so they ran as pavement?
No, that was a different event. This one was on dirt.

Ron Miller
snowdrift (Offline)
  #6 12/10/22 1:11 PM
There were 7 of us that went from the farmland area had a good time could not see much to dusty.I thinking they had 4 garden hoses in the corners to water the track still racing in the winter time better than no racing