IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advice for eldora speedway
4/9/11, 1:26 AM   #1
Advice for eldora speedway
sprinterfan

Now I'm not one that runs around shooting his mouth off, but I have flat out lost my patience with Eldora speedway and their dumb A** track crew!!!!! I sat in the grand stands at 615 pm pointing out every single mistake they made prepping the track that should have been done waaaaaaayyyyy before 6pm....... FINALLY!!!! after 3 damn hours, the track still wasn't ready, watched 300 laps of push trucks, 4 rediculous running the bottom single file sprint heat races and all the junk that couldn't run 5 consecutive laps........ then they call the show due to fog visibility........ MAYBE IF YOU WOULDN'T HAVE JACKED OFF FOR 3 DAMN HOURS RUNNING THE TRACK IN YOU COULDA GOT THE SHOW IN!!!!!!!!!

Tony bit off way more than he can chew on this speedway... he definitely has the wrong personnel that ABSOLUTELY HAS NO IDEA how to prep a track... this s*** happens every damn year!!!!! FLAT OUT SICK OF IT.... ILL NEVER BE BACK. THATS FOR DAMN SURE!!!!!

4/9/11, 1:30 AM   #2
Re: Advice for eldora speedway
tntbusco

sounds like a mess. I'm glad I didn't get off work in time to go.
What is the situation for tomorrow?

4/9/11, 1:34 AM   #3
sprinterfan

charged everyone tonight full price for a half a** show,,, saturday night their starting the show with the b main, and a main sprint car to finish the friday show, then full saturday show

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/9/11, 2:41 AM   #4
onthegas

When is Tony going to make changes so all the dumb @@@@ stops happening.Lets hope USAC stops getting a show in the spring.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/9/11, 2:48 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Meanwhile, Those of us unable and now unwilling to make the return trip got taken. A webcast of at least the features we paid to see is bare minimum for my desire and expense and time to visit what used to be a great track and a great show.

Three Bombs in a Row, Last years opener, Four Crown second night and tonight. IM done.

500 all work on the track stopped except push trucks A
couple sheepsfoot on the track and a extra hour from 7-8 and this show'd been over at 10:30 Hell the one flip they had was because the just refused to do anything like CLEAN THE WALL so a driver could see it.

Again, I really can't blame USAC, You couldn't see the wall and by the time they were ready for consis at 1200 midnight the fog was so thick you needed windshield wipers (REALLY)

And BTW, WHO THE HELL IRONS UP A DIRT TRACK? I've never seen that ANYWHERE! Kudos to all the push truck drivers and cars who came to try to put on a show, who at least TRIED.

2 members like this post: Hubie, jim goerge
4/9/11, 3:45 AM   #6
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

For someone like me, who can not return for Saturday's program, are the only ones being hurt by this decision. For someone going to Saturdays program only will get to see 5 Features for the price of 18 bucks.,,,now that is a pretty good deal.... I thought if the B MAINS were NOT complete then it was NOT a completed show??? I am very Confused and Frustrated to say the least.

__________________________________________________ __________

I think Eldora Speedway has made the right choice in honoring friday admission ticket for another race this season. You can check there website for the information.
Last edited by STIDA.com; 4/9/11 at 2:10 PM.

4/9/11, 8:13 AM   #7
SUPERDUKE
Banned

i have tried too to talk to tony! I said for 3 years larry kemp would not make a pimple on a promoters ass!!!!! If you can find a promoter????? He was a mistake from day one!!!!!

3 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge, Need For Speed
4/9/11, 8:23 AM   #8
kawkaw2

What a Joke! Again the whole track prep and management of the show was terrible. What used to be one of the best tracks in the country is now one of the worst. USAC and Eldora are inept and totally unfocused on the fans. Anyone who continues to patronize them deserves what they get.

I don't understand why Tony would want to be associated with this kind of operation after all his years in racing.

2 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge
4/9/11, 8:28 AM   #9
berks co

Considered going out from Reading Pa glad i didn't go.

4/9/11, 8:49 AM   #10
BIGEBUDMAN

The big screw up was lack of track prep that was started way to late. I have defended Eldora for years now and I just cant do it anymore. Tony, you have serious problems from the new ticket system screwing all the regulars to lack of track prep for almost every race. I did not renew my Suite or any of my season tickets this year and never heard a word from Eldora.35 years of going up there every sprint race, entertaining customers, supporting in every way and Im now just sick of it. A million places to spend money, Eldora obviously does not care about me spending it there.

Im amazed how you can screw it up so bad last year and turn around and do it again the next year at the same race. The few fans you got to come back this year, you definetly lost them this time.

Lawrenceburg here we come tonight. Maybe Dave can send them a manuel how to run a track!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advice for eldora speedway