IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg????
4/10/11, 2:14 AM   #31
Re: lawrenceburg????
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Sprints 23 including a impressive #44 who's name won't escape me after a few shows. I know it was only about his fourth time in a sprint but he was cooking. I also know he ran Minis for awhile.
Seth Motsinger

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
4/10/11, 2:22 AM   #32
jim goerge

Charles I"m so sorry bout your lost

4/10/11, 7:51 AM   #33
FishBurger

I guess I dropped the ball. I came home with intentions to post results (as I had them) but someone in one of the 'Burg threads had already posted the finishes by car number. I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that there had been a previous post with driver names associated with those car numbers. Also believed that, as in the past, Sandy Lowe would be here today with a complete and official rundown. I only had the top 5 (transfers) in the heats and consy and the top 6 in the feature anyway. So, I did what any reasonable person would have done. I went to bed.

Still living in the dark ages, my cell doesn't have internet access ability, so I got nuthin' for ya until I hit the FB desk top some 10 minutes after the .

Enough excuses.....stove still broke.....I gotta go to Bob's.

4/10/11, 8:09 AM   #34
Gregg

My thoughts on last evening.

At 2:30 I would have bet the rent money the race was already cancelled. Totally forgot Dave Rudisell had the whole winter to charge up the magic wand. All the hard work on track prep was greatly appreciated by the fans. Last night wasn't without the glitches. Once a race car spun off the track or pulled off low they were stuck and were waiting for the tow hook. As much water as the 'burg had with the 3-1/2 hours straight of 'scattered showers', the rain water had to accumulate somewhere. Still we got through it and left at a decent hour. I must consult with the local meteorologists as to the meaning of "Scattered showers".

Predictably the track was heavy and racy.

It was a terrific battle between Hines and Windom early on. Windom was particularly good coming off the second corner to pull up even with Hines but just didn't have quite enough to seal the deal. Cagey vet Hines would take away some of Windom's line at the second corner on a restart and wouldn't give it back making Windom work harder the rest of the way. The result, Hines gets a well deserved win.

Chuck Wilson, Jimmy Stinson and Jason Soudrette tangled about 7 laps into the feature with Wilson far and away coming out of it the worst of the three with flipping and landing hard. He was able to exit the car with assistance and walked to the ambulance albeit a little wobbly. He would make the trip to the hospital on the hill to get checked over.

In the first heat the front row consisted of an always quick Jonathon Hendrick and mini-sprint grad Seth Motsinger. I would have bet Hendrick would have left Motsinger in his wake. By now I am really glad I'm not a betting man. Motginger was the one getting the jump, led most of the heat until a surging Chris Windom was too much for him. Motsinger would run a very competitive feature keep in the top ten until dropping out late. He may be one to watch this year.

It was good to see Shawn Westerfeld and Brandon Whited after their woes late last year. Westerfeld promising 2010 season ended a few races early at the 'burg battling for a win then losing the car in a crash. Whited would bend up a brand new car last year at the 'burg in spectacular fashion flipping hard as a result of an accident not of his own doing. We weren't sure where these teams were fundwise to keep things going but were very glad to see them back. I just wish Shawn Westerfeld had better luck last night.

It was great to be at a race track again. The long winter is over.
Last edited by Gregg; 4/10/11 at 8:51 PM.

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, FishBurger, IndyBound, Mud Packer
4/10/11, 10:16 AM   #35
cecil98

I agree that it was great to finally be at the track after a long bitter winter that didn't seem like it was ever going to let go!! Track surface was wonderful!.... Disabled racers getting stuck on the bottom and needing a tow couldn't be helped....Two things I would've done differently 1. I understand the "redraw" for feature position is designed to engage young fans and bring them "up close and personal" with the drivers. However, it seems to drag on forever. Perhaps on nights when your running behind this could be shortened or, even done in the pits in order keep the show moving a long. 2. 23 sprint cars, skip the B-main and put'em all in the feature....Great night of racing, Dave.....Thanks for all of your efforts....Hope "The Burg" has a great year!!!

5 members like this post: Downey44, FishBurger, smith19, SPRINTCAR, SprintManDave
4/10/11, 11:08 AM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I agree, Was great to see Whited back at the track, It wasn't till consi time that he got his sea legs but he started looking a lot better as the night progressed.

Westerfeld as I understand it is on a tight string, Shame to see him catch the wall. Hope it isn't too bad but even a axel rim and bars are a blow to this fast team.

Great to be back.
Always shooting straight here but a couple things did concern me. No Ambulance inside the track.

Im also wondering if it was just opening night rustyness but a couple yellows were thrown way way too late. Just a personal thought but I always felt it was best to have a extra spotter and someone to hold and hand the yellow to the flagman up there with him. expecially at a bigger track. He usually does a great job and did most of the night. I was just concerned that a full lap was completed while Soudrette was spun on the back straight.. Trust me, Im trying to be respectful and appreciate the flagman's hard work

Anyhow, Great night and pats on the back all around.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/10/11 at 11:15 AM.

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, SprintManDave
4/10/11, 11:17 AM   #37
Sandy Lowe

Results are posted HERE

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, FishBurger, Gregg
4/10/11, 11:24 AM   #38
IndyBound

Thanks Z-Man, I realized that when I finished my post and saw Pete's post, I knew he was also on line and thought he probably would have heard from Coleman. As it turned out we were posting close to the same time and Pete's post was completed before mine so I had my answer as soon as I asked the question. Thanks for updating us Z-Man it was greatly appreciated.

Patti

4/10/11, 12:40 PM   #39
Brickey

He is a good driver out of Salem,I wont doubt it if he makes the transition between minis and 410 pretty good.

4/10/11, 12:53 PM   #40
Duane Hancock

Would like to give a shout out to Chuck Wilson to get well soon. Chuck was in the hospital til 3 am this morning. Has a concusion, a messed up knee and some torn muscles....they were looking for a better outcome for their first visit to the Burg..

4 members like this post: Gregg, IndyBound, SPRINTCAR, Will Shunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg????