IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
captrat (Offline)
  #41 10/3/11 6:46 PM
Great comments, but I am going to interpret this in a different way. USAC Sprint Car Division needs to differeniate itself from the so-called "Major League" of sprint cars. We already have a good beginning in that we have non-wing cars on which to build. 1. 40 lap features on all tracks under a half-mile 2. No more multi-car qualifying (this already seems to have gone away 3. Reduce the amount of sheet metal around the cockpit so fans, especially new and casual ones, can see the driver at work as they pass the grandstands 4. Affordable entry lists that include material that tells how the program works, i.e. qualifying, lineups, how they get to the main, etc. Again the new/casual fan needs to be informed. 5. Time and weather permitting, main event drivers introduced on front straightaway, helmets off, not in car. 6. In a perfect world no supporting classes so the fans know what the featured event truly is 7. Media exposure, organized clips sent to local media outlets prior to race. Televised races never capture the real thrill of this sport, but properly edited clips can do wonders in creating "buzz"; just consider what NFL films did to hype and generate fan interest beyond its typical male fan base some 30 years ago. 8. Three major events at beginning, mid-season, and end. (in addition to ISW). 9. And of course a series sponsor to pump up the purse. Lastly, why in the hell can Lucas Oil, Speed and others sponsor the crap that they call motorsports; I wonder if they are really seriously ever presented with viable business plans to help our part of motorsports.
3 Likes: mowerman, SpfldMile, Vukie