IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - Saturday - July 26
7/27/14, 12:02 AM   #21
i love dirt track racing

What happen with hot laps starting at 6 . Love lps and drove 2 hours from the burg area and with rain coming on and start late ??? As a race fan i just ask a ? Thanks lps had a great time at isw .

7/27/14, 12:55 AM   #22
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - Saturday - July 26
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
What happen with hot laps starting at 6 . Love lps and drove 2 hours from the burg area and with rain coming on and start late ??? As a race fan i just ask a ? Thanks lps had a great time at isw .
With the timing of the rain, it wouldn't have mattered. It started raining pretty steady about 7:35. They still had 5 heat races to run before any feature could have hit the track. They never start on time and still usually throw the checker on the sprint feature by 9 or so. So they always start late, but have you out of there pretty early.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/27/14, 8:27 AM   #23
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I waited till the last minute & I drove over 2 hours to see this. I am so gratefull that I was able to see what I did. It would have been easy to throw the towel in earlier with the weather threat but not these guys. 2 thumbs up 👍👍 to all the staff and crews for what we did get to see. The surgace was flat fast. This was looking to be quite a race.
So I packed it in, left and just west after Rockville I was blessed to see this the rest of the way home.😃🏁
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 8/16/14 at 8:13 PM.

7/27/14, 6:09 PM   #24
popham

Will the rest of the program be ran next week?

7/27/14, 7:04 PM   #25
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - Saturday - July 26
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by popham View Post
Will the rest of the program be ran next week?
That's not usually the way it works. You just have a ticket stub to use as a rain check. Plus, Haubstadt is paying $5000 to win next Saturday, so a lot of the big hitters will be there. MSCS returns to LPS the following week and that's when I plan on cashing in my rain check.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/27/14 at 7:07 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - Saturday - July 26